how hard to transfer seat rails onto different seat?

-

65TerrorCuda

Reaction score
Hey y'all,
Is it possible to disassemble the front buckets on a 65 barracuda to make the sliders work with a flat bottom seat? It's been raining constantly and I don't want to crawl in the mud or get stung by ants to pull them. yet

I want to put bass boat seats in until I get the originals recovered and thought it'd be stupid and fun. Plus those seats cost less than a tank of gas

I'd like to hear all opinions

the bottom of the seats should have 4 studs that poke through the seat rails. 4 nuts should separate the seats from the sliders/rails. At that point you are limited to the bolt spacing of where they sit in the car (assuming you don't want to drill new holes. But if it's just temporary and you don't care about weight you can get a flat piece of metal and attach it to the seat rails in the car, then you can mount any seat you want onto that metal plate. It'll be heavier than it should be but it's super easy to do to get you going with those new seats

I don’t think you can get them off the seat without taking them off the floor first. Unless you are double jointed and 4 feet tall.

66-67 have bolts on one end and studs and nuts on the other end holding the tracks to the seat.

the bottom of the seats should have 4 studs that poke through the seat rails. 4 nuts should separate the seats from the sliders/rails. At that point you are limited to the bolt spacing of where they sit in the car (assuming you don't want to drill new holes. But if it's just temporary and you don't care about weight you can get a flat piece of metal and attach it to the seat rails in the car, then you can mount any seat you want onto that metal plate. It'll be heavier than it should be but it's super easy to do to get you going with those new seats
I was thinking of using 5/8" plywood board to act as an adapter. The seats I want to use have a plastic bottom that screws to whatever riser etc you have.

I don’t think you can get them off the seat without taking them off the floor first. Unless you are double jointed and 4 feet tall.

66-67 have bolts on one end and studs and nuts on the other end holding the tracks to the seat.

It's quit raining finally so I think I can manage to crawl under and unbolt a seat. I haven't had these out in 25 years and my joints don't work the way they used to.

Thanks for all the info and advice guys!

20220709_165223.jpg

Happy with the results. Shockingly comfortable and much lighter than the 52 pound originals. Fully assembled each seat is under 20 pounds.
One step closer to death trap

-
Back