How high can ya rev it?

-
I've honestly been considering pulling it out and actually building it, for one: the obvious reasons of building a motor like increased power and durability, fresh internals, etc. but also to just know the specs of what's in it. the cam for example, it's not stock, but I don't even know what company it is much less the specs.

If it has a factory tack I will read 1000 rpms lower then what it is relly turning so if you turn it 6000 it is relley only turning 5000,I know with the factory 6pack & HEMI cars.becuse there is a resister behind the factory tacks that you can take out to make them acuret.I know this from expereance.thats how sum of the smarter s/s racers went a full second faster then some.there dealer would take them out for them the ones that knew it.and as far as turning her take her to were the valves float and back her down 500 rpms,or if you have LOTS of money!!!I have seen the modify production cars go as high as 1500 then start wiging them and god only knows were that was,I have also seen and herd them so high that they would go silent and that is cused buy the pistons going faster then the speed of sound,,OOOOoodamit,and if that don't put chills up your back you must be dead......hope that's a help

I guess I must have misundstud the Quistion,im good at that SOORY!!! thut I was helping :violent1::violent1::banghead::banghead::finga: me!!!!!!!!

I guess I must have misundstud the Quistion,im good at that SOORY!!! thut I was helping :violent1::violent1::banghead::banghead::finga: me!!!!!!!!

The REALLY FAST slant sixes report that their engines quit pulling very hard at 5,500 or less...

That's the 400+ HP turbocharged engines of Ryan Peterson and Tom Wolfe.

Easy on the whole motor, particularly, the valve train.

No need to wind it to the moon...

Another reason to consider hairdryers...:happy3:

The maximum piston speed is about 3500 fpm for cast crank, stock type rods, cast pistons. Piston speed= stroke x rpm / 6 or Maximum rpm =21000 / stroke.
maximum rpm is 6344 rpm for a cast crank 340 or even 273/318

The maximum piston speed for forged crank, hd rods and bolts, forged pistons is about 4000 fpm so Maximum rpm = 24000 / stroke. Maximum rpm is 7250 rpm for forged 340/273/318 crank engine.

those are just safe guide lines found in most books people have spun higher, better aftermarket forgings and billet cranks can spin way higher

21000/ 3.58 = 5866 rpm

P.S. you could have the best crank, rods and piston money buy but if you use cheap rod bolt, then your rotating assembly only strong as its weakest link.

-
Back