How I spent my day - "Home-Brewed" a Stainless Steel Valley Tray

-

"Dart67"

Reaction score
Here is what I spent my day doing.

I "Home-Brewed" a Stainless Steel Valley Tray.

It will work on Low Deck and Raised Deck MOPAR engines.

DSCF3057-1.jpg

Here is the car in my shop.
We did a 727 swap over last weekend and are fixing a few other small things while it is on the
lift.

DSCF3027-1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks nice.
Did you use adhesive kit to glue them to the heads?
I suspect you'll still need to put some strengthening ribs in the plates to prevent them from deforming over time...

The Indy valley coverplate used with INDY heads is a cast plate of some 3/8"(?) thick aluminium.
I'm sure it would be thinner if they could get away with it.

Did you use nuts and bolts to secure them together in the center?
Or just bolts in threaded holes?

Looks nice.
I suspect you'll still need to put some strengthening ribs in the plates to prevent them from deforming over time...

The Indy valley coverplate used with INDY heads is a cast plate of some 3/8"(?) thick aluminium.

I have not did the final installation yet. When I do I will use a bead of Right Stuff on each of the tabs that go under the heads. Just a thin layer of the same on each engine rail and a bead down the center.

The tray seams pretty stiff and ridged along each side next to the heads. No sagging or bending.

I used 1/4" x 20 Thinserts (rivet nuts) on the drivers side tray and five 1/4" x 20 Stainless button head bolts down the center'
I use a cutoff wheel to rough up all the areas that will have sealant applied to give it a better "bite" and hold.

Looks nice.

The victor head type valley trays are either 1/16" alum., or steel, and they don`t flex and leak. I made mine out of an alum. one that didn`t fit right, it has clear lexan in most of the middle and it doesn`t leak. Andy f. , a mopar guru on here, even has some clear valve covers.-----jfyi

-
Back