How long did your Resto take?

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
I am curious to hear how long your restorations took. I have been working on my for a little more then 4 years and I am in the final throws. I figure another year or so.

It took me 6yrs, The first few I drug my feet, But the last few I went full on.

My first one took five years. The last four of those I was working full time and attended auto body classes four nights a week.
My second took four years at home, during that time I took a year off to fix up my daughters car that she had gotten into an accident in.

For me, I find that I generally have more time than money to work on the projects and that sort of sets the timeline.
C

my duster took me 18 months. I just finished it last week. I have about 4500 hours in it. ( I kept track)

View attachment 292484Mine was apart for over 10 years

guy at body shop wouldn't work on it, finally got a fire under his a*s then he would quit again. Got other car so let it sit, once I got back to it had to take to another body shop

Thinking back the car would not have turned out as nice had we did it in shorter time. My overtime at work allowed me to take it to the next level.

View attachment lowfront.jpg

View attachment lowrear.jpg

View attachment lowside.jpg

wish I could get bigger pictures to load and still be crisp

When I was really into doing them I could do one complete from top to bottom
in nine months now it's a different story looks like probably one and a half to two years
just not into it like I was

My first one took five years. The last four of those I was working full time and attended auto body classes four nights a week.
My second took four years at home, during that time I took a year off to fix up my daughters car that she had gotten into an accident in.

For me, I find that I generally have more time than money to work on the projects and that sort of sets the timeline.
C

Totally agree. I currently work full time at two jobs. I put back about 15 bucks every two weeks so time is considerably more abundant then money. I tend to work late at night. More then once my neighbor has come pounding on my garage door after banging for hours.

August 21/11:
IMG_0670.jpg

Sept. 24/11:
IMG_0767.jpg

Oct. 8/11:
nm6.jpg

:angel7:

i have done a few in under 30 days, and they were pretty bad. the fm3 i am on now has been over3 months, but it worht every minute of it. i have 400+ hours into it, and still need 500 more!

I've been at mine for over two years. Theres really no time limit , its all time and money and neither one seem to match up too often.

Almost 6 years. It was year 5 that I set a goal/deadline for myself (an event date) and we made it.

Attachments

• dusterbefore.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 85
Took me over 4 years. But I enjoy putting a car back together and selecting all the parts. When it's done you will get bored with the current state of the car after a few years and want to do it again or make major modifications, it's a sickness. So take your time and enjoy!

Attachments

• Demon Exterior01.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 99
-
Back