How long do you wait???

-

ragtopfury

Reaction score
Sent pics of 11" backing plates to a member, on Wednesday, who asked to see them - he's thinking about buying them, along with new front sway bar endlinks.... I emailed them to him as requested, and sent a couple of pm's thru the site that I sent the email.... I've seen several posts from him on various subjects/threads since then, but he has not responded to my email or my pm's.... I've got 2 other members in line for the end links - how long do I wait on the 1st member before moving to number 2............ Not gonna call him out by name, as no parts/money have been lost.... I just don't want to keep the other guys waiting with no answer..............

3 days & no response. Send him a pm now, set a time aside- if no answer(that is an answer in itself) move on-- make sure he has activity after your pm-- all kinds of things can happen as to why no response
let your other parties know & it will straighten itself out, Lawrence

Sent pics of 11" backing plates to a member, on Wednesday, who asked to see them - he's thinking about buying them, along with new front sway bar endlinks.... I emailed them to him as requested, and sent a couple of pm's thru the site that I sent the email.... I've seen several posts from him on various subjects/threads since then, but he has not responded to my email or my pm's.... I've got 2 other members in line for the end links - how long do I wait on the 1st member before moving to number 2............ Not gonna call him out by name, as no parts/money have been lost.... I just don't want to keep the other guys waiting with no answer..............
That's really common on here,most of the time they are trying to get a better price from someone else while keeping you on the hook.If they were interested they would make every effort to reply to you.These are the ones that will act like you shot their dog after you have sold to an interested buyer.Sell to the interested buyers,let the game players go.

Cash is King when you hold a object that is for sale you only protect the buyer not yourself, If you didnt promise to hold it then sell it.

This is how I finished my last pm to him on Wednesday after emailing the pics...

"lemme know man.... I have 2 other peeps on hold for the endlinks..... "

He seemed to be very responsive/interested until I sent that one.... Have seen several posts on the site from him since then.....

I'm moving onto #2 on the list....

Thanks guys for the input... I do my best to be patient and fair....

Discussion closed.... lol

I don't get what happened to showing a little respect for other people. If you ask for pics from a seller and don't want the part just a quick email to say that you aren't going to buy.

Tire kickers. Sell it to the next person. When I buy from this site, I have
respect and Know some of the parts are hard to find. Yes or No ,simple.
Bad apples making it bad for us that need the parts.
Darryl
Ps I have bought 7 Items on here with great results.

Check to see when he has been on last. Send him a pm stating that it is time to s^&t or get off the pot and that he has 1 day to get back to you. If he logs on before the one day is up and he does not get back to you it is time to move on.....

-
Back