How long have you owned your A-Body??

-
we have had the duster for 5 years, was some guys stalled out father and sun project, listed on ebay, 2 miles from my house. I was on deployment on Board The USS Blue-Ridge in the south China Sea, email my wife to go look at it, she text back 1972, 360, 727 trans bad, 8 3/4 391 body work done. 2400, I said please get it and she did been slowley updrading ever since, it is still a father and sun project my sun Zander is 12 and has been turing wrentches on it since he was about 9. he loves it and it will some day be his.

Second owner. Bought my Dart Memorial Day weekend, 1970. 47 years. And yes, quite a lot of memories.

Looked at my title and and saw that I bought my car 15 years ago to the day.... how long has everyone owned their A-Bodies?
Ive owned mine for 6 yrs. Father bought it new in 69. He worked for a small town Dodge dealership and went to work one morning with his mind set on going home with a 67 coronet with 440, 4 speed and Dana. Drove it several times and said it was unbelievably quick for a bigger car. Got to work and found out it sold the night before so he drove a new 69 swinger 340, 4 speed and 3.91 gear. Bought it on the spot, drove it to Des Moines the next morning and entered it in an autocross race put on by a national corvette/ camaro club. Have old home movie of him beating every car on the property. Took home their trophy, money and " We dont wanna see that car at another one of our events!"

5 years but getting sold or traded
Just stopped at local salvage yard to get a taillight lens for pick up. Out front i noticed a 67?, no side marker lights, Barracuda. Primer grey, body and interior need work. Couple trim pieces missing and floor pans bad. On the plus side, its got a4 speed, appears to be an early 70s 360 that runs. Headers,Torker 340intake and basic bolt ons. Big tires on back, 8 3/4 rear. Torsion bar mounts and leaf spring mounts looked solid. Be a good project for someone looking for one, be an easy dragcar or street beater without a ton of money or work. Just throwin it out there if anyones looking i can get some pics and their contqct info

Got my 68 on Christmas Eve 2012... The car I've always wanted.
My 74 in June 1978... The car I've always had.

I had my 66 out today. Grabbed a trophy for best unrestored. ( not many cars in the show) lol. I've owned it for 12 years. ( I think)
20161001_133832.jpg

I bought my 66 Dart in July 2013. Have yet to take a drive in it. Hoping for a drive in the spring.
DSCN0540.JPG

Rod

A little over a year now.
wish I would have kept my 69 GTX I drove in High School.

I purchased the 1966 Barracuda S
cars.JPG
in 1985. It was in a junkyard in Wy and ready to get crushed. It was all straight and no rust. Just a engine rebuild.

-
Back