How long is reasonable?

-

Barraguy

Reaction score
I had several sets of door edge protectors for sale. had buyers for all 7 sets in one day. 2 have paid and I mailed them right away and they have recieved them allready. I have only heard from 1 other potential buyer. the others have not even been in touch.
How long is reasonable before I put them back up for sale again?
ohh and fyi it's been a week now.

Give them two weeks total and send messages to every buyer tonight that if payment is not received by next Saturday, the item is back up for grabs. If they don't respond, don't feel bad.

poop or get off the pot.

Deadlines solve a lot of these issues. When someone commits, give them a time that money needs to be in your hand. If they miss the mark, it's on them.

You might keep one set on reserve. Just in case.

I had a set of bigblock truck motor mount brackets listed for sale here and had a member say he wanted them and that he would send a money order on the following monday. 1,2,3 weeks go by and nothing. After a little over month I PM'd him asking if he still wanted them, he replied apologizing and said yes and that he would get the money order out right away...that was over a month ago and still nothing.
I just PM'd another guy who was second in line a few days ago, still waiting on a reply. I'll give him a few days more then I'll post em back up for sale.

Honestly barraguy, if you dont have money in hand from a buyer its still for sale. Im broke as a joke so when I see a part I really want, if I dont have the money yet I will ask the seller for a little time but if someone else comes along cash in hand, sell it. I wouldn't want somebody to wait on me if they have somebody willing to pay them right then and there.

But thats just my opinion. Most of the time when I had to do that, the seller put my name on it and didnt care if someone else came along with money.

Its your call

I had a set of bigblock truck motor mount brackets listed for sale here and had a member say he wanted them and that he would send a money order on the following monday. 1,2,3 weeks go by and nothing. After a little over month I PM'd him asking if he still wanted them, he replied apologizing and said yes and that he would get the money order out right away...that was over a month ago and still nothing.
I just PM'd another guy who was second in line a few days ago, still waiting on a reply. I'll give him a few days more then I'll post em back up for sale.

Are they BB Spool Mounts?

Honestly barraguy, if you dont have money in hand from a buyer its still for sale. Im broke as a joke so when I see a part I really want, if I dont have the money yet I will ask the seller for a little time but if someone else comes along cash in hand, sell it. I wouldn't want somebody to wait on me if they have somebody willing to pay them right then and there.

But thats just my opinion. Most of the time when I had to do that, the seller put my name on it and didnt care if someone else came along with money.

Its your call
This, to a T.

They are not sold until the money is in your hand. Prior to that point they are pending payment so that way others can get in line if they fail to pay.

A money order does not take more than 5 days to send across the country. Paypal is almost instant. No reason you should not get your funds 5 days at a max.

I was one of them, i'm sorry but started a new job this week and my schedule is all messed up and have been really busy, I will send you paypal asap, sorry to keep you waiting

-
Back