How long?

-

2shelbys

Reaction score
My '69 383 Formula S and I just celebrated our 26th anniversary and it got me wondering how long some of you guys have had your cars and how long you've been involved with MOPARS. I have never owned anything but Plymouths and Dodges (and dodge-based Shelbys) since my first car 30 years ago. I lucked out big time in getting my '69 383-S when I was 20. I probably couldn't afford to buy it now!

Congrats on the 26th Anniversary. I've been into Mopars since I was 17 (1990). My daily driver was a '77 Dodge van with a 360. My auto shop teacher said "cool, a Mopar". And I asked "what's a Mopar?" And that's how that started. Since then, I've owned 6 Mopars at different times and have had at least 1 Mopar through those years.

2shelbys, I still have my '69 Barracuda and have had it for 27 years. Man, what fun cars to have!
Another veteran. Yes, very fun. I am just happy that I never wrecked mine. When I bought it it was a track-only car with no exhaust system only the fenderwell headers, 14x32 slicks on the back and 13x4 front wheels, 5.38 gears, a roll bar, a clutch you almost needed to push with both feet, and a fuel system that could feed the space shuttle. It ran consistent high 11's. It also has manual steering and manual drum brakes. I had no business getting such a monster when I was so young but luckily we both survived.

How long?? (thats a rather personal question don't you think????)

My family had Mopars before I was born. My brother's first car was a 58 Coronet my grandmother bought new. My first car (or the first I drove) was a baby blue 65 Fury III 9 pass wagon with a 383, A/C, and luggage rack. That was in late 71 or early 72. I've owned 52? vehicles, the large majority of which have been Mopars......including the 5 Mopars I currently own.

The longest I've owned were a 69 Bee I owned for about 9 1/2 years, my 69 M code runner which I will have had for 10 years this August, and my 69 383 runner which I originally bought in 76, sold in 83, then bought back in 98?

Shoot....when were the Nats in Indy?

now 26 and have had my dart for 6 years. with another dart and a 73 roadrunner on the side.

I own my '73 Cuda s/b 4 spd. since I was 21. I just turned 42.

I have owned my 66 Dart for almost 14 years. And my 65 Cuda for 10 years now. The longest I had kept a car was my 68 Charger R/T that i had for 7 years.

I've owned my Barracuda (my first car) since April of 1974. When I bought it my Mom already had a 65 Barracuda, bought somewhere around 66 or 67, that had replaced her 62(?) Valiant. Her Barracuda stayed in the family until 1978 when my sister used it as a trade-in on a new Fiat X1/9 (which my Mom now has garaged with less than 80 K on it). My Mom's current daily driver is a 99 Intrepid that she bought new. I can also barely remember that my Dad at one time drove a 57 or 58 Plymouth. Big tail fins & two-tone, I think red & white. I remember him running out of gas once on vacation & having to hitch hike into town get some. I had to be pre-school age at the time. I'm 50 now.
The first new car my wife & I bought was a 95 Plymouth Neon, which was replaced by a new 2000 Grand Caravan (4 kids to haul around) that we still have.

I bought my 68 Barracuda Fastback on April 9, 1991 and just celebrated 17 wonderful years of ownership last month. My dad built and ran stock cars when I was a kid, and most were Mopars; I guess it rubbed off on me.

I was brought home in my mothers arms in march of 1974 riding in my Dads 69 340 Swinger and have been hooked ever since!
My first Mopar that was mine and not my Dads was a 71 Dodge truck and then a 72 Charger I bought when I was 17 in 1991, I now have a 71 Dart (Orig /6) soon to be a 340 4-speed owned since 98 and a 74 Dart 4dr 318/auto I just bought a few months ago. Various other mopar cars and parts cars!

-
Back