How many 1972 340 Dusters in TX9 (black) out there?

-
How about TX9 BLACK exterior, W1 WHITE interior with a WHITE stripe?? Its my WIP and a very cool mix of colors.

From talking to the previous owner thats how mine was, too. With rocker trim and wheel well mouldings, buckets and console, PDB, PS, and AC.
Never got the fender tag, though.

Same options as mine, but no AC on my car. I do have the data tag tho!

I chased mine hard for three years.
Previous owner with seller's remorse.
Said he pulled it off and stuck it in a jar when he painted the car.
I offered money and labor to clean up his nasty shop, more money...I think he knew where it was the whole time and kept it just to spite me.
After that I decided to modify it however I want.
I can't help hoping it might find it's way back to the car someday, but I gave up caring about numbers matching a long time ago. If the car ever get's sold again, it probably won't be by me. It drives just fine without the tag.

How about a build sheet...any luck there?? U can get a legit(and legal!) data tag made if you have a buildsheet!

BEWARE!!!.....about 15 years ago i brought a 1972 BLACK/BLACK WHITE STRIPE CAR from New York here to MICHIGAN......after a few years i sold it and it went a few miles north of me and due to the rust it was REBODIED to a gold or light green /6 1972 DUSTER.....JUST A HEADS UP FOR ANY 72 TX9's purchased here in the mitt in the future!!!

Norton - Why'd you take your pic down?

Didn't realize that the picture was down, here's another.
St Marys 05.JPG
St Marys 02.JPG

5 years later and my 72 TX9 Duster is semi complete

thumbnail_IMG_0853.jpg

@dmoore

Can you post a couple pics of yours?
Gonna try and get pics back on this thread.
Stupid photobucket!

Here's mine.
The only black left is the firewall, inner fenders and trunk.

20160613_181228-1~2.jpg

20170513_181043.jpg

Few from facebook and one from ebay.
The nice one was on ebay for 45k a couple years back, not sure what it sold for.

FB_IMG_1445728216958.jpg

FB_IMG_1445728406828.jpg

FB_IMG_1445714030611.jpg

I hear you, I'd be a nervous wreck taking that car out...

You gonna lay off the survivors?

-
Back