How many 69 383 bcudas

-

cawley

383 Bcuda
Reaction score
I have a 69 barracuda fastback 383 4spd formula s green ext. & green int. does anyone know how many were made & how many are still out there thanks

1969 Barracuda fastback Formula-s 383 4-spd - 331. W/Auto 272

http://www.440magnum-network.com/info/tech/1969barracudatotals.shtml
I do not know where the specific source material came from. So I would say there could be/are +/- factors involved.

Chrysler didn't database them by color. I do recall seeing a color popularity chart based on %. but there are different shades of green, So perhaps giving the actual color code might(doubtful) help unless it is a high impact color?

One of the 272 with Auto here.....

Cawley, I have a 69 fastback, 4-speed 383, f8 green on green, twin to yours?

i have a 69 fastback 4 sp 383, Y4 gold numbers matching s cuda. it is a decent driver but i'm planning on restoring it this winter. i absolutely HATE the gold paint color. there is a 383 68 on ebay right now that is a perfect 10 car in the same color. this car has been for sale for several months at a price of $49k or best offer. i'm convinced that the lack of interest is due to the hidious color. i'm thinking of changing the color of mine to
B5 blue or "tor red." what do you guys think about changing the original color on an original numbers matching car?
thanks..
jim coster, pittsburgh, pa

i have a 69 fastback 4 sp 383, Y4 gold numbers matching s cuda. it is a decent driver but i'm planning on restoring it this winter. i absolutely HATE the gold paint color. there is a 383 68 on ebay right now that is a perfect 10 car in the same color. this car has been for sale for several months at a price of $49k or best offer. i'm convinced that the lack of interest is due to the hidious color. i'm thinking of changing the color of mine to
B5 blue or "tor red." what do you guys think about changing the original color on an original numbers matching car?
thanks..

I guess first is it a 383-S(A53) or a 'cuda package(A57)? Stop about the Y4 color!!! That color is rarely seen. If it didn't come with a factory sport stripe, i would add a black one to break up the color, but keep the gold.

I have a 383, 4spd, 'cuda package notchback that is Y4 and it will look awesome once done with gold paint and the 'cuda package black striping/hood scoops!

thanks..

I think you would be crazy to change the color.
On a 1970 318 Dart fine. But not on that car.

thanks..

Look at the original pic of this white FB.....Sport stripe makes it a totally different car......BAD A$$
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=251247

Jim,

Not to hijack the OP's thread, but a color change on a fairly rare numbers matching car is not worth it IMHO. I guess that being said, if you plan on keeping the car forever, who cares. If you plan on selling at some point, I think an "as delivered" car will likely fetch more than a car that used to be its original color. I would also change my tune if there was no build sheet, fender tag, or the numbers did not match.

I agree with BB Dave's opinion on stripes. It will break up that paint very well.

mine is 4spd F8 black interior, strip delete, with rocker panel trim.

The Green {Exterior} and Green {Interior} appears to be the most dominant
Exterior/Interior scheme on the 1969 Barracuda's, especially with the 383 and
440 'Cuda {M-Code}, like I had.

My friend has a 69' 383 'convertible' with an Automatic {1 of 10}.

Only '17' 383 Convertible Barracuda's were built.

'Virile Colors'

1969-plymouth-barracuda-3.jpg

Back to the original question, one of our Inland Mopars Car Club members has a '69 383/4-speed Formula S fastback

I really don't care what color it is the interior color might be changed since I have no build sheet or fender tag just thought it would be interesting to know how many are out there thanks for the responses

thanks to all for your thoughts on changing color on an original car. my 69 does have a number of options including the 383, 4 speed, s package, delux interior, disc brakes, and rear window defroster. it was also a "stripe delete" car. ordered in the Y4 gold, the original buyer must have wanted a "sleeper" barracuda with not much flash. i really hate this color but know that i really should not change what is on the fender tag. i just don't know. but thanks for all your thoughts and advice.

Jim,,,,,

You have to stay 'original' as very few {Code Y4} 383 Barracuda's 'Formula S'
were produced.

Spanish Gold, is not the 'top' color, but as BB-Dave said a 'fender stripe' should
break up the 'non-excitement' going on.......

-
Back