how many cc chamber = 302 heads

-

flight704

Reaction score
title pretty much says it all. wanted to know how many cc the combustion chamber of a set of mopar 302 heads are?
thank you for responding duke :)

also what rockers would you think of using when building a stroker. My plan is to build a 418 out of my 340. just so many combinations. Its a street strip car. The run down now is
30 over
m-1 single plane with 650 double pumper
292 509 purple shaft
transmisson is 904 with cheetah valve body and low first gear with a ger 3500 stall tied to a 410 suregrip and I run 29x15.50 sportsman pro's

the car presently runs low 12:60's I drive to track about 45 mins from my house.

Any suggestions would be appreciated?
rockers?
cam? it's got a great sound now.
stroker crank I was thinking was a Scat 4.00 with I beam rods, but what piston KB, PE, srp. They would have to be .040

thanks

also what rockers would you think of using when building a stroker. My plan is to build a 418 out of my 340. just so many combinations. Its a street strip car. The run down now is
30 over
m-1 single plane with 650 double pumper
292 509 purple shaft
transmisson is 904 with cheetah valve body and low first gear with a ger 3500 stall tied to a 410 suregrip and I run 29x15.50 sportsman pro's

the car presently runs low 12:60's I drive to track about 45 mins from my house.

Any suggestions would be appreciated?
rockers?
cam? it's got a great sound now.
stroker crank I was thinking was a Scat 4.00 with I beam rods, but what piston KB, PE, srp. They would have to be .040

thanks

I would recommend talking to 340sFastback.

414 Small Block Stroker. Ported Edelbrock heads, custom ground roller cam, TTI headers. I really like the sleeper look but it is a stroked 340... he came to mind when I read your post.

340sFastback.jpg

title pretty much says it all. wanted to know how many cc the combustion chamber of a set of mopar 302 heads are?
thank you for responding duke :)

This is the flow numbers on my 302 heads which are 59 cc. The heads where cut some (I don't remember how much) to obtain the 59 cc. The valves where back cut with no porting or anything of that nature.

Head numbers.jpg

mike why is there such a spread on the numbers? does it vary from year to year or are the individual chambers different? just curios and thanks for responding
mullinax thanks for the info as well.
duke :)

-
Back