How Many Do You Remember?

-
how about getting up to turn the black and white tv chanel
Old man worked for the telephone company. We had an old Marconi TV set. I’d come home from school for lunch and dad had the testing equipment home from work. That old TV would in a million pieces all over the living room floor. I remember thinking this thing is never going to work again but come home after school and there sat mom watching her afternoon soaps. Always amazed me.

we still had one in the 70's in a candy store. Good times a few pin ball machines etc.

In the early days we had Touchton Drugs. Was a dept store pharmacy and had a soda fountain shop in it that served milk shakes, sodas and some eats.

we still had one in the 70's in a candy store. Good times a few pin ball machines etc.
Pin ball, in the pool hall they had an old pin ball game that you to load your own balls into the spring loaded shooter. It was a nickel machine. Don’t know if anyone actually put money in it you’d walk up there’d by 6 replays on it when you were finished there’d be 8 replays on it. And so it went.

HFORDw19mpMiv5gC-UzAgSpbQN5Z-i8aOUs2MHGUQubvoggi44teLuwo0iyERisxyrcdXkpjuFefpowhDoEFSLHx.jpg

I’m like Sammy Davis Jr. If I’d have known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

Fine tuning the UHF channels because they didn't click in..........
Fine tuning by holding it with your hand, moving around til it was good, then letting go to see if it stayed good. Nope...have to touch and hold it to keep it clear!!

-
Back