How Many Do You Remember?

-
Hell yes, the BB gun fights, I almost forgot about them. We would play Army, sometimes 20 of us, no one ever got it the eyeball either!

Hell yes, the BB gun fights, I almost forgot about them. We would play Army, sometimes 20 of us, no one ever got it the eyeball either!
Us to except we use .177 cal break action single shot air rifles. Rule no shots above the belt, f.... did they leave welts. There was no “I got you”. “No you didn’t “ crap we you got hit everybody knew it.

Home made carts with baby carrige wheels? They were fun. Brakes? They were not invented then!
PkJkRcdhe0j172bvRm0KJTJDXFE94rc0u51kNNA3diqm8ayst9CfEi0-OH1N-yszQBvSrfbjYDY5CEBuKHE_XRr18KI.jpg

Then there was the good old days when we washed our greasy hands off with leaded gas.
When they dried off there was a white residue on them.
Good times!
(And I'm still here to talk about it)

My Sister and me were in the basement, I was around ten she would have been 14. I was throwing darts at my dad's Dart Ball board, and she kept bugging me and pissing me off, well I turned and thru a dart at her and got her in the knee. That was the day I seen how angry my dad could get, can still feel the lumps on the back of my head!

Wrist rocket slingshots, those sumbitches hurt when you got hit by a stone fired by one them. Got hit by one about an inch below my left eye when I was 13 or 14. Holy hell, never saw my mother that pissed off before or since. That was the VERY LAST time I was able to play with one. Damn lawn darts were safer.

I remember everything mentions in this thread plus, diaper service, Charlies potato chip delivery, live chickens in the very first Bi-Lo stores meat market, wood chips and saw dust on the floor back there.
We didn’t have any hills so a pocket was made on the back and we pushed each other around with cut off hockey sticks
Yep we took turns pushing one another on a dirt road. We didn't have the fancy wheels either. Grandpa would bring home worn-out cast-iron pick gears from the textile mill. I forget how big the center bore was, 3/4, 1"? A cluster of 16 penny nails would hold them on for a while.
I saw a kid make a huge mistake with the wrist rocket. He hung it over the handlebar of his sting ray bicycle. Maybe 30 yards up the street, the thing got into the front wheel and locked it up. He did a header. Knocked him out cold. I don't know if he was out more than a couple minutes but it sure seemed like a long time as stood there with him while cousin Jack went on his bike for the boy's mom. She borrowed a car from another neighbor to get him home.

Went to a wreath serimony yesterday morining, two thousand graves, three thousand volunteers.was a great turnout.
Then switched to Santa and went to see the kids
Lots of emotions yesterday.

Then there was the good old days when we washed our greasy hands off with leaded gas.
When they dried off there was a white residue on them.
Good times!
(And I'm still here to talk about it)
Did that numerous times and still around but sure dried your hands out

-
Back