How many FABO members does it take to change a light bulb?

-

Joeychgo

FABO Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
  • 1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
  • 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
  • 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
  • 1 Mod to harangue the OP for no real reason
  • 1 to move it to the Lighting section
  • 2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
  • 7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
  • 5 to flame the spell checkers
  • 3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
  • 3 pedants to argue about what factory the best one comes from
  • 6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
  • 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
  • 15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
  • 19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
  • 11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
  • 2 greens to argue about the carbon footprint and how it should be a longlife one
  • 36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
  • 7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
  • 1 Mod to edit a link or two
  • 4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
  • 3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
  • 13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
  • 1 spammer to inject some Nike bulb linkspam
  • 5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
  • 1 crazy trying to jack their postcount to 10,000
  • 4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
  • 1 Admin to comment on site policy re. lamp posts
  • 1 to talk about his YouTube lamp vid
  • 13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
  • 1 GrimGroan and 1 BogJam to try and outdo each other with the coarsest vid on bulbs possible without getting an infraction, cunningly hiding the worst linkspam and vulgarities right at the end of the vid where only Special Forces dudes are tuff enuff to get to and even so 3 of them died getting there
  • 1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.
  • 2 Mods to argue all over again about if the post needs editing, moving or deleting
  • 1 Mod to screw up and infract a post 10 months old
  • 1 to take the whole debate across to another forum to do it properly over there

Welcome to my world folks... :)

wouldn't they be called 'tree huggers' lol Joey. I have 40 emploonies I can relate!

"2 greens to argue about the carbon footprint and how it should be a longlife one"

[*]1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
[*]14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
[*]7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
[*]1 Mod to harangue the OP for no real reason
[*]1 to move it to the Lighting section
[*]2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
[*]7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
[*]5 to flame the spell checkers
[*]3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
[*]3 pedants to argue about what factory the best one comes from
[*]6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
[*]2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
[*]15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
[*]19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
[*]11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
[*]2 greens to argue about the carbon footprint and how it should be a longlife one
[*]36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
[*]7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
[*]1 Mod to edit a link or two
[*]4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
[*]3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
[*]13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
[*]1 spammer to inject some Nike bulb linkspam
[*]5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
[*]1 crazy trying to jack their postcount to 10,000
[*]4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
[*]1 Admin to comment on site policy re. lamp posts
[*]1 to talk about his YouTube lamp vid
[*]13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
[*]1 GrimGroan and 1 BogJam to try and outdo each other with the coarsest vid on bulbs possible without getting an infraction, cunningly hiding the worst linkspam and vulgarities right at the end of the vid where only Special Forces dudes are tuff enuff to get to and even so 3 of them died getting there
[*]1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.
[*]2 Mods to argue all over again about if the post needs editing, moving or deleting
[*]1 Mod to screw up and infract a post 10 months old
[*]1 to take the whole debate across to another forum to do it properly over there

How many to inform the op of multiple mentionings worded slightly different?! Lol

So Joe, tell Uncle Hendo, how's your day going?

Did you mention "lamp" and "post" in the same line?? That's against the rules over at FLBO!!! (For light bulbs only) Mods??...sic em!! Geof

I'm not sure but I think you left out

"Post it over at Moparts and get THEIR opinions"

Joey,that's funny. In N&P,we would debate,post silly pictures and rant.Eventuy,the calmest,logical one,would walk away from the computer and change it.

Is this supposed to be meant as a joke.......? :eek:ops: :sign5:

Is this supposed to be meant as a joke.......? :eek:ops: :sign5:

They do say, there is some truth in all humor

lightbulb.jpg

6a00d8341c4e6153ef010536fdb613970c-450wi

I-44-man-changing-lightbulb.jpg

100130bulbing.jpg

empirebulb6rd.jpg

Yeah... About the job in pic #5.... Lol

Not afraid of heights, but that's one big happen not gonna!

• 1 crazy trying to jack their postcount to 10,000
Howdy I guess im the one crazy huh hahahahaha Take a deep breath and relax . ...................wate i dont remeber talking bout lights maybe we could talk bout farts and bacon . Maybe MILK lmao :angel12:. This is in the joke froum guys so im guessing its a joke . At least thats the way im taking it if it aint joey can say so

Joey....that was awesome! Made my first morning laugh, thanx, but ya it does sound just about bang on to reality.
Oh, did anybody total it up? I am still wondering how many.......

-
Back