How many factory sun roof a body's out there ?

-

yellow73dart

Reaction score
I was sitting here thinking about it. I haven't seen another dart or duster with a sun roof like mine. So I was wondering how many of you have an a-body with a factory sun roof ?

I have 2 !!
DSCN0829.jpg

73 340 sport

75 /6 sport

This one's in the garage now......Hopefully she'll be out rammin' by February. All that striping's been removed and I'm returning to more of a factory appearance........

Attachments

• 115_1516.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 274
  • 115_1505.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 302
  • 115_1507.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 273
I have a 1973 Dart sport convertriple 318/3 speed manual #s matching. I will put pics up of restoration soon. I have a hot little 340 about to be thumping with a 4 speed where the 318 is. 8 3/4 (742) posi sure grip or (489) 3.91 sure grip when I need a good rush. Haha. Ill keep y'all posted.

Bringing back a dead thread... anyways, 73 dart sport with factory sunroof only missing so much I don't even know where to start.

I also have a 73 dart sport 340 with a sun roof. All is there and works.

I've owned two. First one was the most loaded A body that I have ever owned: 1976 Dart Sport. 318/904/8.25 axle. Power discs, power steering, A/C, stripes, vinyl top, rally wheels, plaid cloth seats and the sunroof. Second car was a 73 Dart Sport.
The 73 was bought to fix up and sell. I really thought that they were desireable until I tried to sell it. It took 5 tries on ebay and I still didn't get nearly what a same year Duster would sell for.

I've got 3 Here that are factory Moonroof Cars, (plus I installed a Glass "Pop Out" Sunroof in my '74 Duster-Twister)

A 1973 340 / 727 Dart Sport with Factory Moonroof
A 1973 340 / 833 Dart Sport with "Conver-Triple" Package (Fold Down Rear Seat, Moonroof)
A 1973 340 / 727 Duster with a Factory Moonroof

All 3 are "H" Code Cars

Plus I have the whole roof (cut at the quarters & A pillars) from a 1971 Duster/Demon with the very rare V3X "Canvas" Roof option.

Here's the '73 Duster, I did some "modifications" to the car... :D And my dad did some modifications to it too, back when he owned it.

The Duster is an H Code 340 Car, Factory A/C, Moonroof, Power Steering, Sway Bar, Light Package, Bucket Seats/Console (seats have been replaced, console was replaced with an E-Body Console), etc. Swapping the 727 for an A833 soon

mine is a 76 360 e58 package , sunroof car , 727 auto and delete Catalyc converter from factory

I highly doubt that your car was delivered to any dealer without a catalytic converter. It was Federal law that every car built for the model year 1975 and later sold in the US by a Domestic automaker be equipped with one. The only exception that I could see would be if the car were shipped overseas or built in a Chrysler plant in another country or continent such as South America.

-
Back