How many leaf springs?

-

78kitcar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Guys i just got back my leafs back from the blaster and my rebuild kit showed up today so i started playing! Turns out i think i have to many springs 8 per side.How many should i have? rear suspension is out of a 68 barracuda so I'm told but it sits under a 70 dart! There are some numbers on them that i have no idea what they mean(see pics). I'm not looking for drag car stance but maybe a little higher the original. Thanks guys!

IMG_1140 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1141 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1142 (Medium).JPG

well my XHD V8 springs for my 68 Dart i bought i think were 6 and 6 so i dn't know what u got? and also racing springs would actually be less. and my S/S springs for my AFX Plymouth are like 4 and 5 or something.

Me And Altered.jpg

1022091458.jpg

I just went out and counted 6 on my 69 Barracuda rear and yes there is 6
Came out of a 383 car, Burrrr it's cold out there 8)

The springs I have on mine came out of a 69 Swinger 340. They are the same as yours. 8 leaves on each side. They look identical to yours. I thought the original owner had them made. Now I wonder.

Fred B

The springs I have on mine came out of a 69 Swinger 340. They are the same as yours. 8 leaves on each side. They look identical to yours. I thought the original owner had them made. Now I wonder.

Fred B

Im thinking the same thing...... homemade! But now i know you have them i to also wonder.

-
Back