How many miles do you put on you A-body?

-
Sadly, not nearly as much as I would like. The Scamp about 250mi, the road Runner even less...
But, that is going to change next year. We are taking the Scamp to Carlisle.

Ive put about 8000 on my Valiant in the 3 and a half years Ive had it, it would be more if my work schedule allowed.

I put about 2,400 a year on mine. Don't drive in rain or snow but still drive in winter if there isn't snow on the ground.
It's cool to see how many of you really "drive" you're cars but I also understand the ones that don't. So much time, money and effort goes into these beauties that all you see is dollar signs flying away as the miles add up. My last car was a 73 Vega with a small block and I put maybe a couple of hundred miles a year on it to shows and stuff. Just had too much wrapped up in it. That's why I got my 66, I want one I can drive. Dennis

This is a great post. Made me realize more than ever i'm not driving mine nearly enough and need to make a change. Have put only about 4000 miles on my Valiant since getting her on the road in 2006 and sadly have not taken my cuda out at all in 2013 yet as cars have taken a backseat this year to personal stuff.

Oldschoolcuda

This is a great post. Made me realize more than ever i'm not driving mine nearly enough and need to make a change. Have put only about 4000 miles on my Valiant since getting her on the road in 2006 and sadly have not taken my cuda out at all in 2013 yet as cars have taken a backseat this year to personal stuff.

Oldschoolcuda

That's gotta change!! No better way to clear your head from the personal stuff for a while than blowing wind from a rolled down window of a Mopar!! Happy Thanksgiving all, Geof

Zero not a mile this year, drove it in the garage this past spring and tore it down.
Hope to put a few miles on it next year.

not as many miles as I'd like to. MY cuda gets about 10 mpg and my 59 Suburban gets 14 1/2. As far as the cuda, it has taken me over 2 years to do something with the tranny... now that it is running, I did a compression test on the 360 that is in it, I noticed I have one cylinder down at 60 pounds so, I need to get the 440 done and put in it.

Not an A body, but I put about 9,000 miles a year on my '72 Challenger. I'm closing in on 45k miles on it in the last 5 years I've owned it. I drive it year round, rain, snow, whatever. Longest single drive I've done with it was a little over 5 hours straight each way, but I drive it pretty routinely out to visit family, and that's almost 2 hours each way.

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

I mention it because my Duster will soon be taking over as my daily, so I expect to put the same 9 to 10k miles a year on it as well. :D I don't own any cars newer than the '74 Duster, so whatever car fills the role of my driver is truly a daily driver that gets used for everything.

About 600 miles a summer short trips 15-20 miles Michigan cruise season doesn't last long.
1382856_657127067645402_877832184_n.jpg

One good thing about is that with the miles we put on our A bodies they will last FOREVER!!!!

About 5-7k mile a year on my '65. I offered to loan it to our post office driver yesterday when she broke down in my driveway, she thought I was kidding

1 of my 73 Dusters is my Daily Driver...70 miles round trip every day of the week for work and is parked outside....Hate when I go to car shows and park/compete against garage-kept trailer queens and the owners turn their noses up/point out everything wrong.......Kind of ruins the hobby......But I do enjoy the constant honks/thumbs up everyday on the road.

I guess we've just been having too much fun to pay much attention until now. Looks like it works out to about 2000 miles each cruising season since its been ours.

Not an A body, but I put about 9,000 miles a year on my '72 Challenger. I'm closing in on 45k miles on it in the last 5 years I've owned it. I drive it year round, rain, snow, whatever. Longest single drive I've done with it was a little over 5 hours straight each way, but I drive it pretty routinely out to visit family, and that's almost 2 hours each way.

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

I mention it because my Duster will soon be taking over as my daily, so I expect to put the same 9 to 10k miles a year on it as well. :D I don't own any cars newer than the '74 Duster, so whatever car fills the role of my driver is truly a daily driver that gets used for everything.

Hey what engine and trans and gears you have in your challenger.. Any major mods to motor?

Hey what engine and trans and gears you have in your challenger.. Any major mods to motor?

Nothing too exciting. 318 was rebuilt by a previous owner, but it checks out like a pretty stock build. I added a 4 barrel intake and 600cfm carter, headers and a pertronix dizzy. It has a 904 and an 8 3/4 with open 3.23 gears out back.

well my work is 64 each way, and im averaging 26,000 miles a year , and before the valiant i put 25,000 on my harley . the advantage of living in nor cal

Mine has run 0 miles in the year I have had it. Think it's been a few years since it hasn't been titled since 2001 and I am the third person to have it since then! LOL! Hopefully I can make some big strides on it this next year!

My odometer is about to roll over a third time.

In the 5 years Ive been driving it, I have personally drove 75,000 of them.

Yes I'm talking about the Dart pictured below.

-
Back