How many miles do you put on you A-body?

-

kevindahle

Reaction score
I would love to see what real world miles guys are putting on their cars. Every summer I have great intentions. I have big dreams of the miles I will spend trouble free motoring in my classic, but then real life sets in, time is limited, money is limited, the car needs this or that to be fixed before I want to take it anywhere, the list goes on. so time slips away and winter nears and again I start to dream about my a-body thinking next year I will get the bugs out and all will be good!

Attachments

• 001 (800x591).jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 368
not enough!! I only get about 1000 miles each year. With our winters and life in general I do not get near enough time in my Dart.:banghead:

72 dodge dart ......last year was a little bit over 16,000 miles...I live in rural area and I don't have a newer car. Plus I use it as a work car that puts on about 30 miles a night.

BTW your dreaming if you think your going to drive an old car trouble free ....in that 16,000^ we had plenty of little problems come up ......pack a tool box in the trunk and you will be fine :headbang:

As many as I can, I do not know total mileage since the speedo is off by a bit. It's a driver so I drive everywhere, even to the grocery store, not saying it's my favorite thing to do, but if the wife asks me to go guess what we are driving. Even if I don't have anywhere to go I will just go a for 15 minute to 30 minute drive around the block so to speak, I also drive it to work about one day a week during the warmer months. (33 miles one way).

Bought my Dart in 2004 and have put less than 200 miles on it. Bought the Duster in Feb of 2005 and I have never even sat in it.

Working crazy hrs in the summer I don't get a chance to hit all the cruises and shows that I would like. This past summer I put 1000 mi. On the Swinger and the Duster never left the garage. Prob be a diff story next summer after dumping 416 in the Duster.

Sounds like a lot of us are in the same situation. I have put about 5000 miles on my Dart since buying it seven years ago. It hasn't sat for long periods undriveable, it just gets about three tanks of gas through it a year. Hopefully that's all gonna change when the new engine goes in!

Don't keep track of miles, but I drove mine a LOT the last couple of years. Just recently tore it down for paint, and hope to heck I can get it together........even unfinished........to drive again this summer. 'S why I have it. It's not a museum piece

3 tanks a year? Hell mine used more than 3 tanks a month through this summer!!!

70 dart 360/904 w/3.55 gears 800-1000 over the summer parked for winter storage.
76 dodge warlock 360/727 w/3.91 gears around 2000 over summer, parked for winter. (sorry not an a-body but its a mopar!!)

my friends 66 valiant slant 6/3-speed 2.76 gears 6000-8000 miles per year is his daily driver in the summer rain or shine!! (unrestored)
same friend has a restored 71 duster 318/727 w/3.55 gears he may have put 50 miles on it in 3 years. says its too much hassle to drive a restored car so it sits in the garage
also has a restored 68 cutlass S 350/powerglide has put maybe 50 miles in 5 years!! same thing just sits in the garage. (its a GM A-body)

maybe 800-1000 but they are hard miles lol! i have a muscle car because of its muscle! not stupid hard on it just highly spirited miles i guess... i must be fortunate i chance the oil in the spring, give everything a once over and let the beating begin i hit a few local shows and occasionally the drag strip. but i really never have any problems with it but im sure if i drove it for thousands of miles a year things would wear out and i would spend more time fixing it.
i also have had a 2wd dodge warlock for the past few years that i only drive during the summer and i put about 2000 miles a year on it they are pretty spirited miles also. i have since sold that truck and im hoping to put the extra miles on the dart this summer, but if i get my valiant done im sure the dart will sit and i will focus on the valiant cause it will be new to me so it will get more attention lol!

depends. some years its more then others... some years we do more vacations then others so the cars sit while we are away. other years we are home and do car stuff.. when we do use the cars its usually a few hundred miles at a time it seems recently..

20,000 plus, it don't sit much unless they salt the roads.

Somewhere between 5-700 miles a month, and pretty much trouble free.
(Well, a few little things like a bad radiator cap, or a hose clamp that needed tightening)

not enough , I work out of town and rarely get time in the summer or fall. Probably 30 miles this year :(

75 Miles a day, 5 days a week on the wife's 73, slant 6, 4 door. Almost bought a new car the other day but decided, why bother.... The Dart is great for driving to work.

100_2114.jpg

Drive about 500 or so miles at least that's what the odo shows hard to judge due to constant burnouts, just fun to drive when able

i put about 5k MILES on mine this summer..remember i live in seattle.. we had a warm dry summer for once.. 68 barracuda 383 formula S CONVERTIBLE..#'s matching too..

We have put near 14,000 miles on the 'Cuda since Sept. 2010 when
it was finished.

These cars are for drivin'

Attachments

• ComingHome02 (Medium).jpg
    45 KB · Views: 299
  • Cuda in motion (Medium).jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 261
  • CudaProvingGrounds (Medium).jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 275
  • HeadingHome (Medium).jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 282
  • DSCF3338 (Medium).jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 286
  • DogDish (Medium).jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 307
  • DSC01614A (Medium).jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 276
This year the bride pissed me off by telling her sister that she can't understand why we insure cars that "we" don't drive, so I made it a point to drive every car as much as I could!! Maybe 500 miles on each, and no tickets at the Nats this year!! Geof

-
Back