How many of these 65 darts were made??

-
Not the original sender it’s a whole new tank and sender I was considering bending the pickup tube down farther to see if it made any difference . I don’t have a pic of it right now and I can’t get under there today I have to run some errands, but yes the thing is new and shiny and not broken

There's all sorts of aftermarket senders with various quality in assembly. I suppose a new one could be faulty and have a crack in the tube or damage from a poor solder/weld job. You won't know until you pull and test it.

Value is in the eyes of the beholder. You have a really cool and unusual car. I think it's really neat and has a great deal of intrinsic value. It would be cool to try and find out who the original owner was and look them up in the census. It would tell you a lot about them. It's an unusual combination for sure and there is likely a neat story about its origins. The car is a real sleeper - unobtrusive car that could embarrass a lot of "performance" cars in its day. Have a great time with it. I get pretty tired of seeing the same old combinations at car shows - cars that are thought to have "value" because Barrett-Jackson bidders say so.

There are some cars that are rare because they were ordered in some godawful color combination - that combination is still probably godawful now and that accounts for its rarity, but a 10+:1 compression, solid lifter, four barrel performance engine in a 4 door family car is just cool...

by the way, I saw the pictures of your door panels and doors. I wanted to make sure that you know that importance of the plastic sheet that is supposed to be attached to the door under the panels. That sheet is all that keeps rain coming in between the window and the door from soaking and ruining the panels. If you need more of an explanation, just ask.

-
Back