How many people here buy from Rock Auto?

-

Oklacarcollecto

Life is an experiment
Reaction score
I am just amazed on how much cheaper they are on some things than other companies. I just looked at Moog lower ball joints and they want $36.99 not counting the 5% discount for K781 or K783 made by Moog while my local parts houses want $59.99 for the same Moog parts. Some things they aren't cheaper on either.
Advance was far cheaper on a trunk lock the Rock Auto was on a 1972 Dart.
It pays to shop around.

I bought their front floor pans, fast shipping and decent quality. Its the only thing ive bought from them so far though.

I've bought several items from them. A lot less frustrating than dealing with the know-it-all idiots at the local parts houses who would rather be on their cell phone or gaming.

I buy some things from them but alot of times I just get my local Advance auto to match the price and get the part if they have it or can order it in. I have allways gotten good service from Rock. They may not allways be the lowest price but are usaually pretty close and have a large inventory available.

I buy alot from Rock Auto, but I always check Amazon. Believe it or not many times I find stuff cheaper there. Case in point. I bought all of my Moog front end stuff off of Amazon and between the price, free shipping and no sales tax ( I'm in Wi.) I saved over $70.
It doesnt always work out that well but just getting free shipping is a plus these days!

Ted

You have to watch them on the shipping. My last order came from like 6 different warehouses and each one of them cost me extra shipping. Still cheaper though.

i have been getting alot of stuff from rock auto shipped to canada .... still paying the 13% tax and paying the shipping charges and its still cheaper to buy from them when buying a big quantity.
sometimes one item is still cheaper to buy from them and have shipped to me in canada and pay the 13% tax and also getting the high quality parts that napa would carry or other parts suppliers.

bought several things for my Duster while working on it this summer- great if you need a bunch of stuff, not so much if you need one thing (as far as getting stuff up here, anyways).

I buy a lot from them. Ill admit you get screwed on shipping for little stuff. Just watch your shipping and your good to go.

one time I received the wrong part from them. they let me keep the wrong one and sent me the correct one! I thought that was pretty cool. never figured out what those brake pads went to as they were in the wrong box. no clue where i put them either.

anyway they are a good honest company.

I buy stuff from them, my brother buys stuff from them, great deals, but the shipping is different for sure.....

I bought their front floor pans, fast shipping and decent quality. Its the only thing ive bought from them so far though.[/QUOTE ive been thinking about getting front floor pans for my dart has was the quality of metal were they made to o e specs. ????

My car's entire front suspension was rebuilt using their parts. I think i spent maybe 120-150$ when all was said and done.

I've only had one issue with their parts. I ordered a VVT solenoid for my daily driver truck and it was a defective part. I called them up, explained what happened. They gave me a link to a UPS pre-paid label, offered to exchange the part or refund me, and apologized for the inconvience.

Long story short: I'm pretty much a lifetime customer.

My car's entire front suspension was rebuilt using their parts. I think i spent maybe 120-150$ when all was said and done.

one of my brother's employees needed some parts for the front end of his F-150- locally, the parts were over $1200, and I think he said they were under $300 including shipping from Rock.

I had to replace the radiator in our Town & Country. Not only was Rock Auto a lot cheaper than our local wholesale acct. but it shipped for free w/a discount code and carries a lifetime warranty. I've been buying 11 3/4" Cordoba rotors for A Body brake conversions at the lowest delivered price also. Dan

Bought the Glow Plugs for my truck from them, It was the only place online that I could find plugs in the United States for my truck. Every other option was to find plugs from the United Kingdom and then cross reference them to make sure they were 12 Volt plugs and not 6 Volt plugs.

Shipping price was decent and they arrived quickly :D

I'll occasionally buy some stuff from Amazon too, Bought a set of Bendix Ceramic pads for my '74 from them and they were cheaper (price) than the cheapest pads (locally), I added an EQ for my car stereo to the order and got free shipping on both items :D

I started buying from Rock Auto a few month ago, and am pretty happy with their service.
But, as others have stated, their shipping method has me scratching my head at times.
Order 4 different parts, and they all come from 4 different locations.
Then you have the pay the shipping from four different stores.
Don't they have one giant warehouse, where the common items can all be processed out of?

-
Back