Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Not me I'm scared

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • That's how Champs are formed

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Then again define squirrely... anything under 45 degrees is just normal torque steer...... :lol:

The thing is you see people whom shoulda let out but the didn't.Majority of the cars that go down the track dont.

Then again define squirrely... anything under 45 degrees is just normal torque steer...... :lol:

Agreed.

This thread reminds me of a guy I used to hang out with, he had a NOVA that he had worked on and it turned out real nice. The first night out, he attempted to do a burnout along a lake where we used to hang out. On the other side of the road was a mountain face that went straight up, he got into it, the rear came around 90* and propelled him right into the solid rock face. He didn't get hurt, but it sure was a bummer to see.

To me squirrley is when you have to start thinking about the driving. But I'am confused. 'Hell yeah!'means I dont get out the gas til they cut me out? Cause that aint me. And no I aint scared. So it must be the third answer.....

For my slicks it goes like this: Start burnout in 2nd, shift immediately to 3rd, count 3 seconds, then let off line lock and gas. I don't always hook, but never get squirrely.
The one that pisses me off is the guys in the street cars with street tires that not only do a burnout (useless) but they do it all the way through the light tree so they have to back up, dripping water onto their back tires from the wheel wells all the way. You aren't a top fuel car....quit that!

Guy in a nice Camaro drag car went sideways during the burnout, stopped just before hitting the wall and killed it. They were waving him off the track but he got it started, so we raced. To top it all off, he red lighted! I have a video of it somewhere......

Agreed.

This thread reminds me of a guy I used to hang out with, he had a NOVA that he had worked on and it turned out real nice. The first night out, he attempted to do a burnout along a lake where we used to hang out. On the other side of the road was a mountain face that went straight up, he got into it, the rear came around 90* and propelled him right into the solid rock face. He didn't get hurt, but it sure was a bummer to see.
I had a 66 Nova with a hot motor, punched it trying to show off to the oposite sex sitting in the passenger seat, she ended up almost flying out the passenger window and my car was in the cornfeild with a bent tie rod from flying through the ditch. Had 4 burnout marks, two from the front brakes sliding tires and two from the rears trying to giddyup. Damn throttle linkage hung wide open. Them old novas' never steered good when they were new so my father told me who also wrecked one back in 71.

:rofl:The blown Camaro video leaving the car show is a nice example..... Looks like he had it saved till he went to answer a text!

Novice with money. Never do a burnout while turning. Not even slightly turning. He will have it fixed in no time.

Yeah, one time I was lighting up and the car for some unknown reason hooked right when the tires got hot. The track official's eyes got really big when he saw my '67 Camaro coming at him!!! Luckily I backed off and got it straight before I hit anything (or anyone). I can't repeat what he said but I could read his lips clearly!!!

I'd pick the first one but I don't know what " he will yeah" is
supposed to be hell.I'm sure your phone is smarter than mine and it figure it out but evidently not.I'm done with all you smart *** mutter fuckers. Bow it all **** tards.Last post ever

After spending years driving an old short wheelbase altered I've discovered that totally letting off is a great way to crash. Feathering the throttle and being quick on the wheel solves most goofy situations. Plus it looks cool.

Torque wants to go every which way but straight, learn how it acts before making a fool of yourself.
Novas with them monoleaf springs are a death trap, seen a lot of Novas going diagonally down the road in the okd days.

I was going to mention how to spell squirrel but after that tirade I'll just skip it

Last edited:
Novice with money. Never do a burnout while turning. Not even slightly turning. He will have it fixed in no time.

I think the novice thing has more to do with it than the turning thing. I turn 90* out of the parking lot at work and light them up the whole way all the time. And I never even come close to "squirrely". I'll put both back wheels out no problem. But I've always got it under control. I think it's the same guys who say "I'm gunna build a 1000 horse street car" when they haven't driven a 400 horse street car.

I know I'm going to get hated for this but.........Just like on Street Outlaws, Big Chief bought his car when he was 16 years of age. He grew with his car as he continued to add power and suspension upgrades. Did he let out of it.....answer is almost never. he was one with his car. After the crash and starting over in a pro mod, he almost, always lifts, because is butt odometer and his new car are not in sink.

The answer to your question, if you now your car inside out, getting squirrely, is still under control..........to a point, of course!
If you don't! there is a obstacle just waiting for you, when you don't lift.

As far as the 1000 HP car goes.
This guy i knew of, spent 3 year building this high Hp blow BB Camaro. big meats on the back. (think old school N50 15 bias ply street tires.)
When he finally got it finished, it scared the helk out of him so bad that it set in his shop for a long time.........Then he ended up selling it for chump change.

Probably still have, and driving it, had he decide to keep the small block 400 he had in it to being with.

You know the old saying: Be careful what you wish for.......You just might get it!!!!!!(but it may not look like what you pictured in you Mind Eye:wtf: ):D

supposed to be hell.I'm sure your phone is smarter than mine and it figure it out but evidently not.I'm done with all you smart *** mutter fuckers. Bow it all **** tards.Last post ever

It's not that hes being a smart ***, it's the fact that if you don't spell check out the squiggles from under words, they can be misunderstood.

-
Back