How much boost?

-

moparduster

Reaction score
I have a 360 LA with RHS heads, hyper 10.5-1 pistons, eagle rods, mopar factory strok crank, ARP bolts, and thinking about throwing a turbo on it and wondering how much boost do you think it could handle and still be kinda safe. lol

5 psi...and up to 8 psi....only running on 114/116 octane.....no 86 or 91 for that puppy

I have a 360 LA with RHS heads, hyper 10.5-1 pistons, eagle rods, mopar factory strok crank, ARP bolts, and thinking about throwing a turbo on it and wondering how much boost do you think it could handle and still be kinda safe. lol

I got two words for you.... "Meth Injection"

116 Octane Performance on Pump Fuel!!

Call Rodney and tell him what you are planning to do, he will hook you up with the correct system to fit your goals.

http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com/

That is a great chart to keep on file thxs.

That chart is Stoned....

I know of a guy running 9.3:1 and 17-18 PSI using a very efficient Air to Water Intercooler and NO Meth Injection on Pump Gas all day long.

36* Timing backed down to about 16* on Full Boost.... Yes and it lives!!

Valve events play a big roll also on how much boost you can run.

The key is to keep your AIR CHARGE as cool as possible, right before the Throttle Plate Freezes is about perfect!!:D

Similar to what Mad Dart said, does that chart take into account the dynamic compression ratio based on intake valve closing or just a rule of thumb kind of thing? You could theoretically run a 15:1 engine at 8:1 if you time the intake right.

In addition to my 340 Duster I own a Mitsubish 3000GT (10.5 to 1 CR) which I supercharged about 2 years ago. I run just under 8psi of boost without an intercooler, however I spray (Water Alcohol Injection) when boost exceeds 2.5 pounds. Setup works very well and if you keep the compression ratio around 8 to 8.5 you should be able to use 87 octane. The WAI can effective raise the octane level to well over 110 with a 50/50 mix of water and methanol or alcohol. WAI has the added benefit to keeping the combustion chambers clean and helps cool the motor. Old school but still very viable and renewing interest

-
Back