How much freon?

-

hawkgoalie31

Reaction score
Does any one know exactly how much freon my 1974 318 plymouth duster stock ac takes?

Thanks

if your using r12 fill till sight glass on dryer goes clear..... 134a head pressure low should be 35 to 40 high side about 225 but that's here in florida the old compressors dont seam to like 134a much but it is hard to pay the price of r12...but it does cool much better... in all the years ive done ac why they came up with 134a is beyond me .........save to ozone b/s make the freon makers money is more believable hope this helps

if your using r12 fill till sight glass on dryer goes clear..... 134a head pressure low should be 35 to 40 high side about 225 but that's here in florida the old compressors dont seam to like 134a much but it is hard to pay the price of r12...but it does cool much better... in all the years ive done ac why they came up with 134a is beyond me .........save to ozone b/s make the freon makers money is more believable hope this helps
I agree completely. The R12 deal was just one of many scare tactics used to make you buy something else. I just saw an article that said one can of 134 has the same "effect" in CO2 emissions as 1000 cars in a years' use! So hold onto your wallet as you know what the next step will be! They'll have to come out with R2010 to save the planet yet again from the evils of a made up global warming. Sorry about the rant but it just pushes my buttons! As for the posters question.....fill it until the bubbles go away in the site glass...usually about 3 cans or so on an average factory air system if it's empty. Temp and humidity will make that amount variable.

-
Back