How much is it worth?

-

moparduster

Reaction score
Ok this kills me to even think this but my family means more. Wifes sick and needs surgery and daughter needs teeth fixed, plus all the bills are pileing up. I need to know what yall think this motor is worth.

1983 360 LA
Cleaned & Magnafluxed
Bored .60 over
New freeze plugs
10.5:1 KB Pistons Flat top with valve reliefs
New factory stroke forged crank
Factory Rods
Clevitte bearings through-out
Melling HV oil pump
factory oil pan
272/.533 Mopar purple shaft
Double roller timing chain
New water pump
New factory harmonic balencer
Rhs head with Comp valves, retainers, locks
Mopar Double Springs
Mopar cast valve covers
NGK plugs with Accel 8.8 wires
Mopar dist.
M1 intake
Holley 750

Attachments

• 1217102102.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 019.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 210
  • 1004101834.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 179
Well motors are a tuff sell.

I can tell you I have bought two 360 Mopar Performance crate engines at different times. Both were new never ran one was a LA the other was a Magnum.

Both were advertised for a long time like 4 months. I ended up paying about $2,500 for the LA engine and carb. delivered to me from about 200 miles away by the owner. The Magnum came with trans, convertor, starter, alternator, and even a shifter all new and I bought it for $2,800 however I did have to take it apart for cleaning. It had a little water damage inside the engine.

I think you need to find someone you know who's looking to build one, and try to get them into it. Unfortunately my opinion is it's worth somewhere around $3500 as it sits. I think (basing on my personal experience) you may find that the only buyers are not willing to pay even that much, and I'm sure by totalling the parts/labor you have it's closer to $5500. It might be better if you need cash to sell the heads, shortblock, intake, carb, etc seperately. I find it easier to get a better return by breaking it up.

I agree with moper, best way to sell a complete motor is when its in the car and prospective buyer car hear it run and take it for a blast.

-
Back