How much power should I have

-

Empty Hand

Reaction score
I’ve got a 440 30 over, 9.75 to 1 compression, comp cam 510 lift. 440 source ported heads, tunnel ram with two 600 carbs. With headers. What kind of hp should I have?

IMG_0082.jpeg

My guess around 500 hp. Depends on how well ported the heads are.

Cam duration @050?
This is a huge help to have that number

Looks like it's set up for drag racing. You'll know how much power it's making after the first couple passes. MPH and weight will give you a better hp estimate than us.

It’s a 74 colt drag car that is now street legal. Haven’t had it to a track yet. It’s 2000 pounds. Set up for 1/8 . It can get up and go. Was just wondering about power. Thanks for looking.

It’s a 74 colt drag car that is now street legal. Haven’t had it to a track yet. It’s 2000 pounds. Set up for 1/8 . It can get up and go. Was just wondering about power. Thanks for looking.
More info about the cam and heads would make guesstimating easier and more accurate.
Full cam specs and what level of porting, cfm cc etc..

Reminds me of a guy I met a long while back that had the Arrow and a small block running low 9’s through exhaust manifolds.
Car was crazy quick.

6.00 or less in the 1/8 at over 112 mph

More than a go cart and less than a cargo ship.

More than a go cart and less than a cargo ship.
reminds me of a quote from my buddy who works on big ships when i asked him how much horsepower one of those giant diesels made: all of it.

and when i asked about torque he said: double that.

-
Back