how much should i offer?

-

rigger3006

Reaction score
need help. i have a chance at a 72 duster. original owners son has it. original 340 car,auto, orange with vinyl top, usual rust and fading, parked 8 years ago,supposedly ran last year. how much should i offer without hurting his feelings or scaring him off. hes hesitant about selling but i think he knows he will never get it going himself, i was thinking 3000? what does everyone think?

In the U.S. right on offer,as you know rust free cars in Canada is hard to come by 5 grand sounds right on,my 2cents.But hey it never hurts to start low and work your way up,if the seller is not a dick he wont mind your offer.

Without photos it's a 400 dollar parts car. "Usual rust?" Boy does THAT cover a lot of "ground"

16cnd-car1.600.jpg

rustyDuster_700.jpg

I was thinking 4500.00 I agree. Start low. 3000.00 a good place to start.

Mark Worman doesn't do A bodies. Guess they are not good enough for him.

I was thinking $2500, but $3k is a really good number! Hard to turn down, and sounds good when you're offering it!! I agree, can't go by what you're told, can only go by what you actually find when you get there!!

still waiting for pics from the guy, its stored in his grandpas garage, just figuring 3000 by what i was told.. i paid 3600 for my 72 demon, it hadnt ran in years either, but shes sweet now

Bring cash! Every seller loves to see cash! Greed is the American way. I usually bring $20 bills. Looks more impressive all wadded up. I'd keep the $3k rolled up in coat Pocket and pull it out. Then keep how ever much your willing to spend in your back pocket. I have NEVER paid more the 2/3 the asking price on a car.

offered 3gs, he was offered 5 a year ago but the guy died, says he wants 4.i think i will go for it, even though i just blew the engine in my demon yesterday coming home from the car show. i guess 318s can only handle so many 7000 rpm burnouts . doh!

-
Back