How much should I pay for a disassembled 360?

-

Resto

Reaction score
I'm restoring a 74 Dodge Dart Swinger. I'm changing the original 225 slant 6 with a 360. I've been looking for one and I found one that came out of a 99 Ram. Its been completely taken apart and needs to be rebuilt. What is a good price I should offer or should I just keep looking? Thanks for any reply. -Resto

I think a good looking magnum engine is worth about $200-300 if it inspects ok.

The only advantage you have on an assembled engine is if you know that it runs, meaning you have seen it run or have some sort of guarantee.

I would rather buy a disassembled engine, than one that was put together that I couldn't get some kind of documentation or assurance on, like hearing it run. So for what it's worth (to me), I think the engine is of more interest, because I can mic it and inspect things like bearings, journals, crack prone areas, valve seats, etc.

FWIW, most people have a hard time buying engines because they are together and have no way of knowing what they're buying.

What are you gonna do with your slant? I'm in Georgia too. I might could help you get rid of it.....like in the bed of my truck. lol

Last week I sold a 73 360 block, two 360 cranks, two sets of piston/rods assemblies and a set of 1.88 heads for $300. We both thought we got a fair deal.

-
Back