How my '72 dart died

-

1970PAValiant

master of the break down
Reaction score
I finally found a pic of my pistion that went thru my block of my /6. now that was a sad day

slant6.jpg

Was it still running after kicking the rod out?

My brother bought a 67 Dodge truck from a guy when we worked at The Chrysler electrical plant. The gy told my brother he was driving to work and had a rod start to knock. Tony bought it for $300 one night. Asked me to help get it home. We didn't have a trailer and at that time we flat towed all the time.

I took a chain and my truck to tow him home, but ask him if the guy drove it in. He said yes just had a rod knocking. I opened the hood and it had a hole in the side of the block, ask again "did he drive it in?" since this guy drove it in, I started it up, yep, it was knocking. I told Tony to follow me and when it finally quit we would tow it from there. I drove it about 20 miles to his house. Unbelieveable, knocking the whole way, but run good enough to get it there.

Slant 6's were great engines

this was 10 years ago and I blew this on the PA turnpike, so I turned around at the next exit (10 miles) and drove back to my house (another 32). yea I had 5 cylenders and I was STIL passing people on the highway

-
Back