How rare is a heated back glass on a 73 dart sport

-
Reaction score
Was wondering how rare a heated back glass on a 73 dart sport is, not a defroster, heated with the metal strips. Talked to a guy the other day that said dodge never made one. Just wondering if anyone on here knew how rare it might be

Fairly rare. If you ever talk to a person and they say 'never' about Mopar,stop listening to them right away,they do not know Mopar. When it comes to Ma Mopar never is not in her vocabulary!

I have the rear glass out of a 73' Duster with rear defrost strips sitting in my garage... I always wondered how rare that was?

Judge Mills-

You are from aberdeen? My mom grew up there and I have family there. My grandparents used to live over on west first street.

My Grandfather Used to be the Pastor at Aberdeen Avenue Baptist Church.Did you go to Weatherwax? PM me!

Not all that rare in the colder climates. I owned a 73 Duster with one & I've seen quite a few around B.C. here.

Was wondering how rare a heated back glass on a 73 dart sport is, not a defroster, heated with the metal strips. Talked to a guy the other day that said dodge never made one. Just wondering if anyone on here knew how rare it might be

They made them that way. In colder places it was a good thing to check off the option list. Do you have a burnt orange 70 Challenger T/A? I would think that is a lot rarere than a heated back glass.

There were two rear window options.

One was the defogger, blower in the trunk. The other was a Defroster which was the electrical strip unit with tinted glass.

I'm pretty sure the '73 Duster I owned had one. I still have the build sheet, I'll have to give it a look.

It became law to have one or if sold new to have one. I'd love one myself. It would be worth the change of glass IMO.

Not sure about the Dart Sports but my '73 Duster has the heated back glass. Like RAMCHARGED said, not too rare when it comes to B.C.

My 73 Sport has one. From what I can tell, its a dealer special order car.. it has all the neat options except the 340, and looks just like the car on the cover of the 1973 Dart Brochure.

-
Back