How rare is this car?

-
Maybe a electronic distributor and a upgrade to an 8 3/4 will be the only major changes to this very original car, for sure the distributor! I hate setting points.

Maybe a electronic distributor and a upgrade to an 8 3/4 will be the only major changes to this very original car, for sure the distributor! I hate setting points.

even an 8 1/4 diff from a '73 - '76 Dart (et al.) would be a good choice ; then you'd have the better 5x4.5" bolt circle . The only thing *wrong* with the 8 1/4 is that they typically had 2.71 - 2.94 gearing . However , those same years also had 3.21-3.55 gearing (340/360 Sports & Dusters ) and Sure Grip .

So got the car home today and first thing pulled the rear seat and as I thought a near perfect build sheet!! The fender tag as previously stated is mint as well, and I found the certicard holder but no card (there might be hope cause the guy thought he had some more paperwork he had to find)

Nice find!!! Don't see to many 2nd gen Darts with the 273 Charger engine (273 Commando was the Plymouths name) as its a one year only body-engine combo. '67 Was also the last year for the HP 273. Also with the rear axle, V8 cars equipped with a manuel trans got the 8 3/4 starting in '66. All 340, 383, 440 cars got the 8 3/4 too. This is not to say that /6 (both manuel & auto) and 273/318 cars cars (with auto) couldn't have gotten the heavy duty rear also as Mopar was like that.

-
Back