how to 340 emblem installation

-

fgrossi

Reaction score
does anyone no the drill bit size for emblem installations? want to install a chrome 340 logo with pins on the scoop of my duster and not sure how to.
any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Hard to say without knowing what size the pins are.
If you have no access to measuring tools, the best I can suggest...
Is to puncture a hole with one of the pins through a tissue box, and try your drills for size in the hole, being carefull not to make the hole bigger with the drill and go one size smaller drill bit. It's easier to make the hole bigger, then to have to patch it.
Short of that a trip to the hardware store, machine shop any place were they will have measure instruments.

Hope this helps.

excellent idea,,thanks,,i was sure lots of people had installed these and the bit size was common,,maybe not,,thanks again.

Those emblems were held on the body panels with whats called a barrel nut.
The holes would be drilled for the nuts to push in. I think you'll find those pins tapered too so measuring would be against the back of the emblem.
Now how I would install one somewhere other than factory... I would probably remove most of if not all of the pins and mount the thing with the 2 adhesive side stuff called trim tape. There would be some exacto knife work to do.
I have a DeMon badge mounted on the front of my computer. There isn't any wind or vibration there so the pins went through the plastic case then blue plastic shields like used in drywall were screwed onto the pis from the backside

-
Back