How To Fix Leaking Wiper Pivot Seals

-
Anyone know where i can get the bushings for the pivot arms?

The HELP! section of most auto supply chains used to carry them in pairs or in an assortment pack.

Wiper Pivot Seal Kit 51-1.jpg

Wiper Pivot Seal Kit 51-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
When reinstalling the pivots, should I put gasket sealer on top of the base gaskets? Schumacher's instructions do not say to do so, but they do say to use gasket cement on the underside of the gasket.

It's been wayyyy too long since I first posted this to remember exactly what I did, but I don't remember using any sealant on any surfaces of the gasket. They say to use the sealant to "hold in place". Honestly, I did mine when the car was pretty stripped down and nothing in my way, so I had easy access under the dash to make sure the gasket didn't slip out of position. Personally, I don't recommend using it on the body-side surface.

How do I remove the wiper arms from a 1972 Dodge Dart? Are they just pryed off? I don't seem to be able to find any retainer clip.

I don't have any pics to help out but on my 73 there is a small retaining clip that sort of arches inward toward the post the arm mounts on, this is on the bottom side of the arm, hard to see at first look. If you have a small flat blade screwdriver, I used the adjusting screwdriver that you get when you buy a new Stihl saw. Use an old towel to cover the wiper arm mounting area and clamp some vise grips on lightly then move the small clip while you work side to side motion and upward force. So with two hands, you need to get about four things going all at once, not simple but possible. Hope this helps.

-
Back