How to fix LH remote mirror on 73 Dart Swinger?

-

318MoparGuy

MoparHokie
Reaction score
Hi All,
Just purchased a 73 Dart Swinger and found out the LH remote mirror is not operating....what's involved to get it operational again? Appreciate any help on this subject. Thanks in advance...
Greg

Take it out, there are 3 cables that operate it, and cable end crimps/stops. Once you get there, you'll figure it out.

You'll need to remove the door panel. One screw outside but nut on a mounting stud inside, and a clip holding the cable in place inside the door.
Might be easier to just replace it.

I've got a working one I can sell you, if you're interested.

Thanks Mike...it seems by reading threads that I need the 32" cable (correct me if I am wrong) as I have a 73 Dart Swinger 2DR hardtop (no vent window)..is that what you have? and if it is... are you just selling the cable as my mirror and base/bowl are in real good shape. I just ordered a wiper pivot seal kit and link bushings for the Dart and want to get that done asap...thanks for reaching out to assist me and I look forward to your reply. :cheers:
All the Best,
Greg

You'll need to remove the door panel. One screw outside but nut on a mounting stud inside, and a clip holding the cable in place inside the door.
Might be easier to just replace it.

What's the easiest way to remove the door panel as I would like to keep from breaking anything (clips,etc)? Thanks for your help :cheers: Greg

Take the handles off. I use a panel tool to find and pull the fasteners. Its only a 2 tined fork thingy. Not expensive but handy.

-
Back