How to hotwire electronic ignition

-

cascius

Reaction score
So I bought this '69 Dart because I need another project like a hole in the head. The body is pretty rough but it's supposedly got a warmed over 360 in it. I can't verify the internals but the outside has some nice parts on it. A previous owner hacked the wiring and then spray bombed the entire engine compartment so you can't even tell wiring colors. I just want to make sure the engine runs ok before I spend the time to put it in my Duster. I'm wondering if there's any easy way to hotwire an electronic ignition system to make it basically a standalone system. The ignition switch wires area all cut and they tried to wire them to a generic switch with no luck. Thanks for any help.

should be able to run a wire from the battery to the + side of the coil. and also run the blue with yellow tracer wire from the ecu to the + battery. then crank it over to start at the start relay on the fender.

ecudia.jpg

Yeah, but you left out, "After it starts, UNHOOK" the jumper going to the coil +, and leave only the wire going to the blue

been so long since i did it i can't be expected to remember everything...lol

-
Back