How to Identify 70-72 A-Body Seat Tracks

-

Six Barrel Bill

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've searched a lot and have not found an answer to this question. Is there a way to identify buck seat tracks for 70-72 A-Body? Part #, dimensions, anything of the sort?

Thanks, Bill

1970 & early to mid -' 71 have track release slide locking mechanisms on the inboard & outboard tracks.

After that, on the outer track with the release lever only.

Not sure if you were asking the differences in the years or not but I have what I believe to be a set of 72 a body tracks. The partial build sheet was from a 72 Duster under the springs. They look different than any 70-74 e or 68 to 70 b that I have. I’m trying to find out if they will fit a 75 and it looks like the floor is different on one side. I may could post some pictures

So I'm trying to find bucket seat tracks for my daughter's 71 Demon. I'm guessing that 70-72 will definitely work, maybe even 73. From what I understand, mid 74 they started putting cats in the cars which changed the floors, which in turn changed the seat tracks to accommodate the new floor.

Anyway, to clarify I was wondering how to know when I'm looking at the correct seat tracks such as dimensions or even identify part numbers. As of now, all I really know is when they are attached to the seat, the studs should be ~12" on center. Left to right and front to back, at least the dimples in the floor pan to drill the holes measure out to those specs. I have also heard '72s wouldn't normally have the wire that connects the tracks to each other (release mechanism), but '70-'71 do?

If I can find a set I don't care if they are 70, 71 or 72 for her car.

Thanks, Bill

72 Duster Bucket Seat Tracks
IMG952018030495155250186.jpg

-
Back