how to make a 318 bomb

-

bill paynter

67 Cuda
Reaction score
I thought I would share my recient 318 engine Bomb I made, funny after the fact.
last week I finally put my sons 318 in his dart, moved the timing foward and then threw a splash of gas down the carb and walked away for a few minutes to grab a few tools, in the mean time my 15 yr old decided to put a splash or two or three or four down the carb, I cam back and said lets fire this bad boy up, as soon as my son touched the key it back fired out the carb and the next thing I know I'm flying backwards as the valve cover breather is hitting me in the shoulder (the breather was found in the next door neighbors yard) I was amazed to find out that it pushed the front gasket out of the oil pan. if that breather had hit me in the neck or head who knows what it would have happen it felt like a baseball hitting

I'm guessing the gas went down an open valve onto the piston then leaked past the rings and into the crankcase when it backfired it created a bomb to my suprise.

becarful out their you never know how close you are to getting hurt

wow. You or your son or both are lucky you still have an intact face. As funny as it can be after the fact... I've burnt all the hair off one arm and shot 5' of flame out of the carb before when I was younger. I would suggest for safety's sake you guys communicate a bit better. Better safe and slow than bleeding or burnt.

......................Is the engine still okay?

:toothy10: j/k :toothy10:

-
Back