How to mount headlight switch?

-

Arizona

Former Yooper, always a MoPar fan.
Reaction score
My '65 Dart's headlight switch was not in the dash when I got the car and there was no 'nut' or whatever fastener is supposed to hold the switch in place. Can anyone point me to the item?

I also have to get a new switch and the new ones at NAPA etc don't have a shaft on them. Can the shaft from the old switch be taken out and put in the new switch?

Thanks for any help. Jim

Can't help with the lock nut, there's a spring triggered pin on a side of the switch that will release the knob rod.

To take the rod out pull the switch on . Then push the button on the side that has the spring behind it and pull again. If the knob is off the rod you need a new one . The fastener for the switch is a large chrome nut

To take the rod out pull the switch on . Then push the button on the side that has the spring behind it and pull again. If the knob is off the rod you need a new one . The fastener for the switch is a large chrome nut
Thanks. I wondered what the button with the spring was for. Didn't think to try it though. :)

The type of nut should be the same style as the one on the wiper switch.

In looks, the headlight knob is attached to the rod that releases from the switch. Not sure, but don't think that you can them separately?

In looks, the headlight knob is attached to the rod that releases from the switch. Not sure, but don't think that you can them separately?
Yes, the knob and shaft are one piece with the headlight switch. The wiper knob comes off it's shaft by loosening an allen head set screw.

-
Back