How to Narrow an 8 3/4 Rear End

-
Exactly, my offset on my wheel's wouldn't give me enough room with spring relocation only, my 225 were damn near rubbing already, so this was the best option, and as far as I'm concerned they should have been tubbed this way from the factory. Wheel and tire clearence is allway's a problem on these thing's!

I see what you mean... seems like ALOT of work over just ordering correct offset wheels... that takes 5 min to measure...but you are ahead of the game for tubbing!

I see what you mean... seems like ALOT of work over just ordering correct offset wheels... that takes 5 min to measure...but you are ahead of the game for tubbing!

Yeah, I could have just ordered different wheel's, but at $200 a piece this is way cheaper, and gives me alot more options in the future with tire sizes and offset's, and there are only a few different offset's for torque thrust D's, and that's the only wheel I really like on these year dart's. As far as the project goes, yeah it's a fair amount of work, but I am an industrial maintenance tech, and work on far more complicated equipment then this. I was procrastinating for years on doing this, but I think the results should be worth the labor.

I'd like to add this to the article:

http://performanceunlimited.com/documents/diffstraighten.html

img141.gif

Great article, I was looking for a way to narrow up my axle and was not totally happy with some of the narrowing process i seen on U tube, this looks great and thanks.

-
Back