How to prep a track

-

RockinRobin

Reaction score
I was at a bracket race Saturday and the track was dragged then glue sprayed. 1st time trial was ok. Just before my class would go down the track the guy would drag the track again but he wouldn't spray. During the evening it got worse and worse. By 4th round we were spinning all over the place. Can you keep a track sticky by simply putting down rubber or do you need to spray? To me it was getting dangerous.

Here in Florida at Orlando Speedworld they do great prep.

Tractor power broom and then spray glue every time the street car/tire lanes empty and before the slick tire cars run.
They repeat that all day/night.

Maybe still a shortage on glue.
I agree later in the evening, possibly not many cars left to run, can't keep heat in the track can cause issues

I was at a bracket race Saturday and the track was dragged then glue sprayed. 1st time trial was ok. Just before my class would go down the track the guy would drag the track again but he wouldn't spray. During the evening it got worse and worse. By 4th round we were spinning all over the place. Can you keep a track sticky by simply putting down rubber or do you need to spray? To me it was getting dangerous.
What track were you at?

Joe

Funny, I won there in box on Saturday, car was deadly, driver not so much. I will say that, when I saw how much rubber was on the track from Friday night, I soften the 60ft down to a 1.20 (normal 1.16). He let too much rubber build up on the track, so it was chunking pieces of rubber until the sun went down.

Joe

“The LCHR works well, but it just doesn’t have that rip-your-shoe-off stick when you walk across it,” Rueckert shares of VP’s new product. “Now, when you drag it, when you run cars across it, it just gets better and better. We used it at a slick-tire race last weekend and it worked great

-
Back