How to remove dip stick tube

-
I turn the engine over with the oil pan off, then use a punch in the dipstick tube hole from the bottom to tap it out with a hammer...

Take a 3/8ths shouldered bolt, meaning long enuff to have an unthreaded section of bolt, usually 1 1/4 or longer. Insert the bolt all the way into the tube, use a pair of vise-grips to firmly clamp onto the tube very near the top (on the shoulder), the bolt prevents the tube from collapsing, then twist back and forth, while pulling. Clamp onto the tube firmly enuff so the vise-grips dont slip.. Use a file or wire brush to dress any vice-grip damage to the tube..

cheers

Take a 3/8ths shouldered bolt, meaning long enuff to have an unthreaded section of bolt, usually 1 1/4 or longer. Insert the bolt all the way into the tube, use a pair of vise-grips to firmly clamp onto the tube very near the top (on the shoulder), the bolt prevents the tube from collapsing, then twist back and forth, while pulling. Clamp onto the tube firmly enuff so the vise-grips dont slip.. Use a file or wire brush to dress any vice-grip damage to the tube..

cheers

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

cheers
Smart !why did I never think of this? I always seem to just wind up replacing them after I've destroyed em trying to remove them.

The large craftsman phillips screwriver and a visegrips is what I used for years. Fits perfect. from the top with the pan on

difference is.... those guys are " mopar engineers", some of us are just engineers. and some of us just aren't engineers???

Use a old hydraulic pushrod to knock it out from the inside.

I have used a 1/4" drive long extension or a punch with a flat contact area.

-
Back