How to remove emblem adhesive??

-

73SwingerDart

Reaction score
Anybody have a trick to remove dried sun baked side molding adhesive? I have tried 3M spray can of emblem adhesive remover...didnt even soften it. I have one front fender with the black 3/4 inch stripe on it and I want it off if possible.
Thank you!

Call Rapid - Tac 800-350-7751 ask for a free sample of Rapid Remover, they will send you a 4 oz spray bottle and believe me, that will do the trick for you...

Heat gun to soften and plastic scraper to remove the bulk of it , then any of the above will remove the residue. Just be VERY Carefull with the heat gun, I just slowley wave it back and forth.

VMP Naptha, aka Zippo lighter fluid, or Ronson. Used the names so hopefully no confusion. Its also the main ingredient in fingernail polish remover.

Goof Off is quite a bit stronger than Goo gone but shouldn't harm the paint (test first). It is also commonly sold at stores. It'll dissolve undercoat too.

I use Rapid Remover for this kind a **** weekly and as I said, call them and they will send you a 4oz spray container free, doesn't harm paint and all you need is a plastic squeegee and a paper towel.

Hey thanks for all the good suggestions. I should have mentioned that I dont want to hurt the paint if possible.

I use Rapid Remover for this kind a **** weekly and as I said, call them and they will send you a 4oz spray container free, doesn't harm paint and all you need is a plastic squeegee and a paper towel.

Hotlines knows what he's talking about, he does this stuff for a living.

Eraser Wheel. This is what body shops use. Many different styles and brands out there.

Let the wheel do the work.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ-BsIo34Yw"]How To Remove Car/Truck Emblems with the Eraser Wheel - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• 5YAR2_AS01.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 316
  • p65.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 300
I have used oven cleaner in the past to remove decals off enclosed trailers. And it never has damaged the paint. Something like Easy Off oven cleaner.

Good suggestion to try whatever you use in a area thats not noticeable. You never know. One thing for sure is NO heat gun! That was a joke about using it I know, but want to make sure. Maybe a handheld hairdryer that won't get to hot, might soften up the residue.

-
Back