How to set up a/c and heat

-

Andre68

Reaction score
I bought a heat and AC kit off of eBay. I know those aren't the best but it was all I can afford at the time. (My cuda didn't have a heater/AC box)

I'm a little confused on how to wire it for heat, it came with 2 knobs, Temp (hi-low) and Air (1234). It did not come with a heat knob or anything. And it virtually came with no instructions. Has anybody used this kit before? And does anyone know how to select heat, and then select a/c.

They said it was for both heat and AC, I wrote the seller asking for instructions and I didn't quite understand what he said, something about a shut off valve? I will attach a photo of the message as well as some photos of the ac parts

IMG_5198.JPG

IMG_5199.JPG

IMG_5200.JPG

IMG_5201.JPG

IMG_5202.JPG

IMG_5203.JPG

IMG_5205.PNG

As far as I know, every heat/ac unit has a vacuum operated valve in a heater hose that stops hot water flow through the heater core when in ac mode. I'm going to assume this aftermarket unit has a vacuum tube to be routed to that valve. If your vehicle never had ac you would need to purchase and ad the valve.
If by chance this unit has no vacuum operated features or vacuum required, you'll need a cable operated valve.

4Seasons/Everco Shut-Off Valve
3.jpg

Part Number: 74764
(0 reviews)
Pick Up In Store:
Order in Store
Ship To Home:
In Stock
Est. Delivery: Mar 07-08
Price: $49.99
ADD TO CART
Start earning AutoZone Rewards credits with this purchase!
Find Out How
Hot Deals & Savings
orangeArrowGrid_down.png

FREE Shipping
On orders $75 or Greater and FREE Shipping to APO, FPO, DPO addresses. See Details

Also looking at your unit it is only a/c no heat

Ok, from what I have read above,it sounds like they are saying to install a manual valve to turn the water on and off for the heater core. Is there a heater core with the new unit ?

I didn't see one, no place to connect hoses. No heater from what I see.

are you using as a add on or for the complete unit heat and a/c?

I used a ball valve to stop the flow of coolant to my heater core during the summer when I use the A/C. Cheap and effective.

IMG_20170228_111417.jpg

I hope this gets worked out, but the ad says it is A/C but the title says heat...

I would be concerned with the quality based on what I see in the ad. They guy can't even spell. Not to mention they have this at the end of the ad:

Please do not get confused
this item is high Quality.

It says 5/8 copper heat coil? No control valve. A small heater core in the housing.?

Isn't this just a modern version of a knee-knocker A/C unit?

vm

Thanks for the responses, I'll post some more photos of it soon.

There are 2 more inlets on the opposite side.

Quality wise I'm not 100% sure, as long as I can get some good use out of it I'm okay with it. Living in SD I'm only gonna use it in the summer really.

Okay now I seem to have a better understanding of the valve. Is there any electronic shut off valves? I've seen some vacuum operated shut off valves but, is there like a switch I can acces from inside the car? Vs having to pop the hood and turn a knob.

Found this one on Ebay, not sure of the quality, but for $7.25.
DC 12V Electric Solenoid Valve 1/2" Plastic For Water Air N/C Normally Closed US
$7.25
Buy It Now

Free Shipping
  • 82 watching
  • |
  • 375 sold
DC 12V 1/2" Electric Solenoid Valve. It cannot be used for inflammable gas or fluids. If you want to use the solenoid valve for inflammable gas or fluids, you must buy the EXPLOSION PROOF valve. We do...

You could use the same on/off switch that turns on the A/C to trigger a relay for controlling the water valve.

-
Back