How to ship from canada to us

-

moparboi431

Reaction score
How do i ship from canada to the us is there any duty fees the us buyer has to pay? Do i need to notify anyone whats coming to the boarder whats the deal with shipping parts to the united states?

if its just small parts, throw it in a box, pack it so it won't get broke. take to the post office and ship it expedited parcel, declare the value and mark as gift if you wish so the receiver won't get soaked

pay the shipping fees and send the buyer the tracking number. not a huge deal. very rarely the buyer has to pay customs fees but thats there problem

I asume canada shipping from the USA is just as easy, I don't know why so many sellers are so lazy and mark lower 48 only, if I can ship to the US and spend 10 minutes of my time surely they can get off there *** and do the same

if it's a car part made in the NAFTA zone it is duty free , there is a simple 1 page declaration form available online where you basically describe the part and declare it to be made in North America -simple and it eliminates any question of duty being owed on delivery , as a side note duty is collected on import not export so the person buying the part is responsible as the importer not you but still you should include the form for them and explain it to them because it is the right thing to do . I had Brian at IMM fill one out and my motor came up no problem .

Canada post will ship items to 40 lbs I think or close to that I just sent a heat exchanger last week it was 34 lbs.

It may be a little pricy to ship. Just a warning. Canada Post is the best option.

everything i ship out is with Canada post. I stopped looking at fed ex, ups and purolator.

With canada post if you get the venture one card (free to apply) it will also save you some coin and it collects points .... not sure what the points get you ... but you get them :)

I have always shipped it Canada Post and have had no problem. When asked what is in the box I tell them its used vintage auto parts. Same goes for items that I have bought from the US, they have been shipped USPS with no issue. I have only had to pay customs once. I think it is because customs do random checks but not sure

-
Back