how to stop spam in my email

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
man I get about 20/30 emails a day that I cant even read or have any idea of where they are coming from.. I move it to spam thinking that it will block it but no,, how can I get this junk to stop??????:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Do you have yahoo? I stopped using them and switched to gmail I get maybe 1 or 2 spam a week

Do you have yahoo? I stopped using them and switched to gmail I get maybe 1 or 2 spam a week
xs2

i actually closed my yahoo account and opened up a gmail and rarely get any

also , hide your email address for ALL craigslists postings. i noticed if you try to opt out of ANY spam emails, it makes it 10 times worse

my email is through my internet provider cox...

I use Thunderbird as my email client, it has a Junk mail screener.....after set it up and tell Thunderbird that the email is junk...it goes straight to the junk folder..

Reagan . Com email address . 40 bucks a year 0 spam . They don't sale your info like yahoo and all the others ever wonder why there free to you to use ? It's because there making money giving out your info and tracking you so they know who to sale your info to .

My aol email. I dont have a problem with my gmail..

i have an aol email account and it is full of spam...good place for it..

Not my idea, and I haven't tried it, but...might be worth a shot - set up a filter to take anything with 'unsubscribe' in the body of the message and send it to your spam folder

Attachments

• life-hacks-17.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 95
I use Thunderbird as my email client, it has a Junk mail screener.....after set it up and tell Thunderbird that the email is junk...it goes straight to the junk folder..
I use a program called mailwasher- I check my emails with it, can see who they're from and read most of the body without even downloading them- then I can just choose to delete them and they get removed without ever being downloaded (or they can be 'bounced' back to make it look like a dead email address). Works well.

I still use an old hotmail account & the other is from my service provider(cox), I do not get many junk emails-- I think it is the fact that these accounts are old & only browse car sites not much to hack from that!!

I had a yahoo account & quickly closed that piece of junk, Lawrence

All free email suppliers sell your info to the advertisers who pay for the email service that makes it free to you. Many even scan your emails.
There are a number of pay email suppliers that do not rely on advertisers, do not scan your emails, and do not flood your screen with ads around the perimeter of the screen, and do not allow pop ups.

The cost is usually around $20.00 to $40.00 a year for that service. They are also considered "secure email suppliers".

Just another option you might not of known about, or considered.

-
Back