How to straighten hood?

-

speedyb-cc

speedyb
Reaction score
My 72 Dart was hit on the pass side front fender, before I got it. The fender was replaced and fits good but the hood is bowed up in the center about 3/4" where it meets the fender. How can I flatten it out?
Thanks and God Bless
Bruce

Sit on it? It'll likely take a lot of work, you might be better off just finding a new hood.

You can put a wooden block on the fender lip towards the front and try pushing down on the center of the bend. Try this a little at a time, or even taking the hood off and supporting the opposite edge and both sides of the bend and doing the same on the ground where you can get leverage. And of course do this in a warm area as to not crack the paint.

There is a brace on the underside that doesn't look like it will bend very easily.
Would some heat help, not concerned about the paint it's shot.
Thanks for the help
Bruce

It's worth a shot. If your not worried if it doesn't turn out. Just go real slow with the heat as to much over that big piece will warp the hell out of it.

If the hood will latch down securely I wouldn't even attempt to straighten it. When the under structure is bent you will probably only make it weaker and look worse.Good luck.

If the hood will latch down securely I wouldn't even attempt to straighten it. When the under structure is bent you will probably only make it weaker and look worse.Good luck.
I agree,i would just look for another hood. do you have pictures of the hood we could see, and heat will just knock it way out of wack

-
Back