how will ethanol affect my fuel mileage ?

-
It's about real life experiences. Have you had any with it? And that's mostly daily driven car in the city miles with some highway. My car with regular gas is lucky to get 250 with just city. Just depends how well your car is tuned also. 250 one tank highway and city is pretty good if your romp on it.

Look, Nancy... How about you take your need for an argument to all the others here that are saying it's a loss.

My time is important to me and what I'm willing to give to a kid pissing for some kind of validation, has been exhausted.

I hate to see it. my family farmed in America since 1848. Supply and demand ruled then, and now. My cousin was on the farm board in Iowa.He hated ethanol then, thinking corn belongs in cattle. It took 58 gallons of water to make one gallon of Ethanol. That is ten gallons of gas for 58 gallons of water. I think the people in charge are brain dead. Then,
you have to Increase production 10-15% to offset the loss in economy. That dude in Washington doesn't care. he hates petroleum. Someday,,,,,

I already posted my findings. I sure as hell don't need to invest time and money for "personal experiences."

Here's the deal with bio and eth- based fuels

1.....If the damn stuff was so great, "we'd all be doing it." If the **** can't economically make it on it's own, then it ain't worth doin'

2....Ask yourself who is pushing this. Last I knew, the people growing the bio mass were getting govt. subsidies. The people pushing it are the greenies and the govt.

3....At current prices, and current mileage, --- and if you aren't smart enough, people who are a HELL of a lot smarter than us have already cooked the numbers on this --- there is no where any advantage between the decreased mileage, the lack of facilities, and the adjustment in price.

Look, Nancy... How about you take your need for an argument to all the others here that are saying it's a loss.

My time is important to me and what I'm willing to give to a kid pissing for some kind of validation, has been exhausted.

Are you forgetting what the OP stated or just ignorant? What does the OP ask in his first post? "can you post your experiences" So I gave my experience and you responded to it, so I followed up with it. If you wanted to down play MY experience with E85 then you should have expected me to respond to it. There was no argument trying to be started. Literally just stating my experience with it, so deal with it.

I already posted my findings. I sure as hell don't need to invest time and money for "personal experiences."

Here's the deal with bio and eth- based fuels

1.....If the damn stuff was so great, "we'd all be doing it." If the **** can't economically make it on it's own, then it ain't worth doin'

2....Ask yourself who is pushing this. Last I knew, the people growing the bio mass were getting govt. subsidies. The people pushing it are the greenies and the govt.

3....At current prices, and current mileage, --- and if you aren't smart enough, people who are a HELL of a lot smarter than us have already cooked the numbers on this --- there is no where any advantage between the decreased mileage, the lack of facilities, and the adjustment in price.

Agreed. For a daily driver it might not be worth it, but for a car that needs higher octane and usually that means race gas then it solves that issue at half the price of race gas. But it has its place.

They did a comparison with a chevy avalanche. From vegas to socal the E85 got 6mpg less than gas and cost more at 159 for the trip while gas was 139 I believe. The point I tried to make earlier was that it might be possible that tuning your car for E85 could help that loss as some people switching from carb to EFI sometimes don't notice a big gain in MPG or power. There are always outliers in test, doesn't mean they change the majority.

[FONT=&quot]Hi guys,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I'm planing to install the ethanol e85 kit from this French manufacturer ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]www.ecofuelbox.com[/FONT][FONT=&quot]) on my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 and run it on ethanol.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My question is: how will ethanol affect my fuel mileage ?
COULD YOU SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE ?

Regards,
Tommy[/FONT]

^^^ in bold. Just saying.

Ethanol has less Jules of energy per molecule compared to gasoline. BUT, it has a higher octane. In fact it has a higher octane than racing fuel. It's been some 5 years since my thesis paper on the topic. But wait a few years because a better source is in testing if big oil doesn't sit it down first

-
Back