How would you mate the two halves of a tunnel ram together?

-

Kevin Jonker

Reaction score
Rtv black says not to come in contact with fuel. I made a gasket before, but a real pain down in the port area. Anyone use a rtv sealer of any type for mating the two halves? I cannot buy the gasket anymore for the Eddy Stree tunnel ram. Thx, Kevin

Trouble getting them to mate?
Give both halves a little privacy in a dark garage. They'll figure it out.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

The auto parts have gasket material by the roll get out your trusty scissore/e-xato knife & pencil with you coffee and open the art class

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-6999/

i have used black rtv may not be right but it worked for the time i used it, if i had had some more time on my hand i would have ordered those gaskets instead :)
some of the old edelbrock streettunnelrams where smartly designed since some of them used the same plenum and therefore the same gaskets:)

Which STR do you have? I have a few NOS sealed in package Direct Connection STR-14 gaskets. PM me for further details

I used the thick FelPro gasket paper and just tapped it out with a small ball peen hammer. It's old school but works just fine even today. A little practice and you'll be a professional. Pics to follow of my W5 tunnel ram set up with 2 750's. Sounds absolutely awesome and
the the throttle response is just unreal.

black rtv works fine,you can trim it after it dries.also if you lay some gasket over the manifold and tap it with a rubber mallet it will leave an impression for you to cut out with an exacto knife.

Gee I just tapped mine out of a cereal box and sprayed them with coppercoat.....
Then find out if the ports in the base match the ones in the top and mate them up with a little die grinder action.

390304709.jpg

390304713.jpg

390304731.jpg

Thx for the replys, I will post pics. the intake has been ported. I like the hammer and rtv method.

Tapping out gaskets is pretty old school but works great. I do have an issue with RTV around fuel though...

i just dont get it why is it that you wont buy the right gaskets since they seem to be available anyway for 7$ its not like they are to expensive... except maybe that it could take alitle time to find someone who has them in stock

-
Back