How You All Fairing On Health Care Increases?

-
Technically the federal government is prohibited from making citizens purchase anything! Bot all you have to do as president is appoint a supreme court justice who can sway the vote and call it a tax. As a side note UNH, the largest health care provider in the US has just declined to participate in AHA because they can't make any money at it!!

ACA stinks IMO.....I can only hope a different Administration will get rid of the change!! :usflag:

Ben, my Son has insurance through his job also and they take a decent amount out of his paychecks for it.
He broke his hand at work one day and the insurance paid 100 bucks of the 5,300 bill after he has been on the job for over 5 years paying hundreds a month for insurance.

Just wondering why your son's injury wasn't covered by workman's comp since he was at work?

There we go blaming it all on one person again.:D
It's not one person and never has been, but we sure are encouraged to separate into to opposing parties and keep ourselves busy blaming each other for it instead of holding the total entity actually controlling it all accountable.
When one person was installed to use his race as a shield then I say the one person is to blame. Hilary Clinton could not get it passed but a black man could. A fool cannot discern the actual enemy so he fights many windmills

Right at 400 a month for Kitty and me but it comes out pretaxed, so I don't feel it as bad. Still expensive, though.

It's not just the cost of insurance premiums that have been skyrocketing. Since Obamacare has been implemented costs of medical care has also. A few years ago it cost $40 for a clinic visit here. Now it's $120. The cost of our prescriptions have all gone way up too. They've destroyed the entire system.

We tried to change our Insurance coverage choice from single or family. To single/ spouse plus one/ or family. But as was kinda explained to us in a round about, as politically correct way as we could be told was.Someone has to make up the cost difference for the sanitation workers that have 10-12-15 kids! So now weather your active or retired, you have two choices, single coverage for yourself or if your married, the family plan, weather you have kids or not!

It's not just the cost of insurance premiums that have been skyrocketing. Since Obamacare has been implemented costs of medical care has also. A few years ago it cost $40 for a clinic visit here. Now it's $120. The cost of our prescriptions have all gone way up too. They've destroyed the entire system.

Not for them they haven't, but for us they sure have.
Like I said, it was pretty obvious who the system was designed to benefit from the very beginning when they made insurance mandatory.

In answer to "who pays the bill if someone uninsured get injured?"
Of course we do, and as a country we should with the taxes we pay instead of insurance and pharma companies getting most of it.

If we "Unfunded" just one or two of the violent nations we arm our own gov could afford to provide health care for every citizen.
Heck Farmers know enough to keep the animals that provide for them healthy, so where are we in that priority list?
Obviously funding those violent countries is more important.
It sure isn't because we couldn't afford it like they say, as what they really mean is we have more important things to do with your tax money than to help keep you healthy and safe like they were supposedly contracted to do with tax money in the first place.

Heck you could probably give totally free healthcare to one whole state just from the amount of money pharmaceutical companies pay for the commercials they run on TV.
And it's law for insurance now, so they are set also.

Last edited:
They said costs were supposed to go down.

Well... - their lips WERE moving when they made the promises.

Back when Bill was president, he use to whine about the uninsured. I had to laugh every time I heard that. When the 911 alarm would sound and I responded to land of the uninsured, Weather or not you had insurance was never asked, you received treatment, transport, drugs, and hospital care and a taxi cab voucher for a ride back home. Insurance yeah right! A lot of the time we would arrive on scene, and our "patient" would be sitting outside with their bag packed waiting to be transported to the hospital. A lot of the time since we worked 24 on and 48hrs off, we would go to the same POS the next duty day!

They said costs were supposed to go down.

Well... - their lips WERE moving when they made the promises.

I make my decisions based on their actions and not their words.
This is why it's so obvious to me what they are doing and also why I am so disappointed in the people.
Too many people take what they say as fact, when in reality what they say and what they do are totally different things.
Then they use excuses like "we couldn't agree" and "couldn't reach across the isle" like it's some big fight they had to endure to try and do the right thing for the country and it's people.
And then get caught on camera when they don't know it talking about the working man like he's just some low life.
Who pays for their health insurance?

Uh huh, they are the mooches sucking the life out of this country. :D

Last edited:
I am blessed after reading these comments....Retired State Worker....State pays most of insurance...I pay 49.95 a month. I also have a Health Saving Card that pays for copayments and prescriptions and very good dental plan......but Medicare is only 1 1/2 years away...

But I still hate Obamacare...LOL

I am blessed after reading these comments....Retired State Worker....State pays most of insurance...I pay 49.95 a month. I also have a Health Saving Card that pays for copayments and prescriptions and very good dental plan......but Medicare is only 1 1/2 years away...

My Father medically retired from the state when he hit a deer on state property on his bike going to work one morning and that was when I really noticed his most excellent health care.
He always said he was tickled to live long enough to make them pay for his retirement for over twice as long as he worked there.
You are blessed, and lucky to have put yourself in a place that still did it.

I find the american insurance system incredibly.... weird. I guess is the best way to put it. Up here there are no premiums, no deductible. If you need treatment, you need treatment. I recently had emergency surgery for appendicitis. Went into emerg, seen, diagnosed, operation, out. 9 hours. I showed my AHC (Alberta health care) card on entry. Didn't pay a cent. My prescription for tramacet was a little over $30, 80% coverage through my insurance made it $7 my cost. It took $20 for the doctors note for my short term disability I was on for 3 weeks (doctors orders, I wanted to go back in a week), which I claimed back through insurance. Full pay on STD. Minus the first 3 days, so I just used vacation days for that. My insurance costs $6 per cheque. Even without insurance. My cost out of pocket would have only been the 50 some bucks for the note and prescription. Time off could have been claimed through EI, not sure what rate of pay. Which would suck, but still. A lot less than the $1,000+ a month I see some of you mentioning.

I've heard we pay more in taxes. I'm not sure what you guys pay. My average rate is 18.5%, we have a progressive system so it's a little complicated to explain. As far as I understand it, the average income in America and Canada is taxed about the same. Although the price for average goods down there is cheaper than up here.

That said, of course "optional" things are not covered. Dental care, glasses, etc. Are generally paid either out of pocket or through insurance. But my $6 a cheque insurance covered 80% on almost everything. And included a $500 a year "HSA" or health care spending account. For glasses, various notes and fees (I claimed my doctors note through it), and it can also be used to cover the other 20% not covered. Dental was $5.50 a cheque and was 80% on most, with a lifetime cap I can't remember. LTD was the most at $36.71 per cheque.

I've heard and see the horror stories of the bills down there for hospital visits. What is it that makes it so crazy expensive? Why can our taxes cover it but your's can't? There can't be that much difference between our countries in terms of actual costs. I'm not here to start a war of any kind. I am genuinely curious what makes it so different.

this is gonna sound morbid but i find it funny.

girl i went to college with is a diehard Obama supporter, I mean flat out diehard to the point it makes you wanna puke. well, she finally stopped talking to me last week when she was ranting on facebook about her personal insurance premiums going to 1700 a month for a single person.... and her mom has been denied a pacemaker by her obamacare provider. I asked her how that blind obama worship was working out for her............ she didnt like that.

And you know what? Your Medicare has to be PRIMARY. It's the LAW. That means some of your other insurance may drop you. Some do that. I hope that's not the case with you. It was with me on disability when I had Medicare. I had a group plan through the workplace where I got hurt. 12 months to the day after I was approved for disability, the insurance company dropped me stating I had primary coverage through Medicare.

I find the american insurance system incredibly.... weird. I guess is the best way to put it. Up here there are no premiums, no deductible. If you need treatment, you need treatment. I recently had emergency surgery for appendicitis. Went into emerg, seen, diagnosed, operation, out. 9 hours. I showed my AHC (Alberta health care) card on entry. Didn't pay a cent. My prescription for tramacet was a little over $30, 80% coverage through my insurance made it $7 my cost. It took $20 for the doctors note for my short term disability I was on for 3 weeks (doctors orders, I wanted to go back in a week), which I claimed back through insurance. Full pay on STD. Minus the first 3 days, so I just used vacation days for that. My insurance costs $6 per cheque. Even without insurance. My cost out of pocket would have only been the 50 some bucks for the note and prescription. Time off could have been claimed through EI, not sure what rate of pay. Which would suck, but still. A lot less than the $1,000+ a month I see some of you mentioning.

I've heard we pay more in taxes. I'm not sure what you guys pay. My average rate is 18.5%, we have a progressive system so it's a little complicated to explain. As far as I understand it, the average income in America and Canada is taxed about the same. Although the price for average goods down there is cheaper than up here.

That said, of course "optional" things are not covered. Dental care, glasses, etc. Are generally paid either out of pocket or through insurance. But my $6 a cheque insurance covered 80% on almost everything. And included a $500 a year "HSA" or health care spending account. For glasses, various notes and fees (I claimed my doctors note through it), and it can also be used to cover the other 20% not covered. Dental was $5.50 a cheque and was 80% on most, with a lifetime cap I can't remember. LTD was the most at $36.71 per cheque.

I've heard and see the horror stories of the bills down there for hospital visits. What is it that makes it so crazy expensive? Why can our taxes cover it but your's can't? There can't be that much difference between our countries in terms of actual costs. I'm not here to start a war of any kind. I am genuinely curious what makes it so different.
I'm guessing your lawyers and politicians are a bit less dishonest than ours...

And you know what? Your Medicare has to be PRIMARY. It's the LAW. That means some of your other insurance may drop you. Some do that. I hope that's not the case with you. It was with me on disability when I had Medicare. I had a group plan through the workplace where I got hurt. 12 months to the day after I was approved for disability, the insurance company dropped me stating I had primary coverage through Medicare.

I am not 65 yet...and yes went I get there the Medicare with be the primary insurance. The State insurance ends....Well...the State has an allowance that is paid towards Medicare through a 3rd party administrator..

I'm guessing your lawyers and politicians are a bit less dishonest than ours...

And his government doesn't fund foreign armies and try to buy friends by giving away their tax money by the billions to countries that turn around and use it against them.
We could do what Canada does if we weren't letting so many people get rich off us getting sick and needing medical care.

Or not funding someone to spend 50 years trying to find out if a frogs *** is water tight.
Or any of the other multitude of stupid things our gov pays for with our tax money.

Personally I don't think we should even have a space exploration program right now with the way things are in this country.
I realize some of it is privatized now, but we still spend billions a year in tax dollars to send probes/satellites to planets we wouldn't be thinking of going to or have any practical use for.
But taking pictures of that planet is obviously worth more than your well being and security.

NASA’s topline budget for fiscal year 2015 was $18.01 billion — $549 million more than the White House requested for the space agency this year and about $350 million above NASA’s actual budget passed by Congress for 2014.

And as a country we can't afford decent healthcare?

Last edited:
Let's see, you are born in the us or came here illegally- makes no difference. You are afforded health insurance,welfare,living arrangements,loans,and because of"political correctness" you cannot be told you are a parasite. Why be like Canada? Sure lets pull all our support from other countries so that we can afford to bring them all here to the"land of opportunity"!! Fight all the windmills you want but the bottom line is you are going after the symptoms and not the disease! They have your number and they are playing you like a cheap violin!

-
Back