Howards Cams.............

-

ndeconte

Reaction score
Posted this in my rebuild post, thought I'd post it here also...............

We're at a point now of getting the engine back together and what I'm stumbling on right now is Camshaft selection!? After talking to SlantsixDan, I was going to send my camshaft out to Oregon Cam Grinding for their № 2106R regrind. Well, it's a great price to start, but when I figure in Shipping charges from Rhode Island back and forth, I can probably get a brand new one for cheaper!

I found that the Howards Cams 751082-12 is damn close to the regrind listed above, here's a link to it on Jegs (best price I found so far!)......
Howards Cams 751082-12: 1960 - 1987 CHRYSLER 170- | JEGS

I looked around on-line and it seems they have a decent reputation, anyone here ever use their stuff?
Think I may pull the trigger on this one!

She's back on the road this year, I really miss driving her!!!!

After reading all the problems people have with the oil pump drive gear on Slantsix.org, I sent mine to Oregon cams for a regrind. 2500 miles later and so far no problems (knock on wood). Mine is far from a race car so it may not be overstressed. SSD has spoken. Don't forget you need new lifters too.

Ship to Racer Brown 8001 Philadelphia Rd, Baltimore 21237. Jim Dowell will do a regrind for you. No website, you have to call, 410-866-7660.

Last edited:
I think Oregon cams does your old lifters to for a buck a piece. Check with them first as lifters are usually surface hardened and refacing them may remove the very thin hardened material.

-
Back