Howdy! Old Timer but New to the Board!

-

64Vert

Rosco
Reaction score
Russ here! I'm WTF on Abodyjoe and Plumcrazy on Moparts. I turn 52 on Friday and never get tired of Mopars! Just picked up a 64 Valiant vert, was a slant with a 4 speed but now has a 318. I'm rebuilding the 4 speed right now and lots of work ahead......
Here's my website: http://www.mopar1.us
And my newest aquisition:

030909a.jpg

030909f.jpg

Welcome over Russ!! GREAT looking Valiant vert!! Enjoy the site and keep us posted on the progress!

Welcome
Great web site with lots of reference material
I like your 'my old cuda' One sweet ride. One that I aspire to own
Just signed up to Tri State Mopar Club
Hope to see you guys this summer.
GregH

Glad you joined us. I am really glad to see how interest has picked up on these early A-bodies. Love your pictures. Good luck with that 4-speed and don't mash your fingers!:yawinkle:

WELCOME!!!!!!! I just love your car. That is real cool how you put the hood inserts from 2nd generation barracuda on your hood. That looks cool.

Thanks guys! The inserts were on the hood, wasn't sure how I'd like them but I've grown accustomed. The 4 speed should be back in this weekend, we're cutting the flywheel tonight and sweating a new ring gear on then we'll start tomorrow night. My brother in-law owns a tranny shop and he's letting me use a lift. He's an automatic guy but I got it covered. The 4 speed is ready, the front bearing was shot and I put in the better 1/2 shift fork. The toughest part was that friggin snap ring at the tailshaft! :angry7:
Now just get the seats covered and get rid of the GM black engine bay. :bootysha:

:clock:

Here's a couple more in the driveway. It has shackles and springs bolted onto the shocks!
Nasty seat covers! Nice whitewalls huh? :angry7:
Don't have to worry about a cracked dash pad just cracking your head on the dash.:happy10:

PICT2902a.jpg

PICT2903a.jpg

PICT2907a.jpg

PICT2910a.jpg

dude,welcome, and i love the plate on the front. arrrr get ashore far the booooooty matey. this place really does rock. welcome. oh, and the rest of the car is pretty sweet too.

Welcome aboard and can I say your valliant is very smooth and louded with trim :grin:Thanks for sharring Jump on in and keep us updated

Well I drove it home from my bro in-laws shop, man that 318 moves that little car nicely! That Z bar is funky but it's working. I don't know if they used the old slant 6 Z bar or what. ?? Brewers has one for swaps but they aren't cheap. Anybody have any experience swapping in a small block with the original trans on these early models? It's a 10 1/2" clutch and aluminum bell housing. :sign7:

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. I aquired a 73 BB Duster over the summer, it was free but will need lots of work. Nothing money won't fix! =P~
I already picked up a 400 to stroke to a 470 and a spare 727. Now all I need is time and money. :angry7:
Oh did I mention I have an 83 Rampage that I'm putting a 2.2 with a supercharger in? Have they perfected cloning yet? :read2:

duster1.jpg

scampage23.jpg

blower1.jpg

Hey WTF, er I mean, nevermind..... Welcome aboard.

Love the DC turbo 4. Now, that's cool.

Thanks. She'll be more show than go but it will be fun. Now if will just warm up! :spiderma:

-
Back